Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Exchanging lines

Watching his back silhouette disappear further and further away from her, Ning Ning let out a sigh of relief in her heart, I can finally get my half-time break.

As Qu Ning’er, this was a game of release\ing the turtle stuck in the tank out to the sea. As Ning Ning, she sincerely hoped he could successfully escape.

What’s wrong? Why did he stop suddenly and not continue to leave?

Ning Ning furrowed her brows, it was with great difficulty that she had managed to draw Boss Qu away, act out ‘Miss’s game’, and also stop Wang ma in her tracks. It was very difficult to create an opportunity for him to escape… Plus, all of this was accomplished under the foundation of not ‘breaking character’! It was the first time her acting was so perfect. She was not sure she could do it a second time!

However, Chen Junyan stopped in his tracks right before the main door.

All it would take was a few more steps, but to him, it felt like a far away place.

Time passed… every second that passed meant he had a lesser chance of escaping. Ning Ning wasn’t sure if he was anxious, but she was already having a panic attack!

The wind blew through the yard, lifting up the fallen leaves from the ground which then fell back onto his shoes of black cloth. Those shoes slowly changed direction, and heavy footsteps approached her.

“Miss.” He took step after step towards her, then smiled. “I’m back.”

Ning Ning stared hard at him, but could not decipher the meaning behind this smile, thus she asked in suspicion, “Why have you come back so quickly? Didn’t you say that you were returning home to take a look?”

“I don’t have any home.” Chen Junyan’s smile faltered. “Here is where my home is.”

You’re lying. Ning Ning was clear about the truth but had no intention of exposing him. She laughed and held onto his hand. “Then come home with me and let’s play!”

Chen Junyan smilingly walked inside with her, and besides the slight pause when he was entering the room, he kept his composure well. Even when she had him play house with her, he displayed no sense of impatience and acted just like a warm big brother that had returned home to play with his own young sister.

With the great performance he was putting on, just how could Ning Ning, an actor, lose to him! Thus, all she could do was continue this act of playing house that lowered her IQ…

There were a few times where she was close to straight up asking, “You obviously knew there wouldn’t be a good outcome waiting for you. However, why did you still decide to stay?”

However, she managed to hold herself back at the last moment.

Qu Ning’er would not ask this, Ning Ning thought. He is doing so well under the guise, that there’s no way that Qu Ning’er, with her life experience, could see his suffering nor would she even extend a helping hand. He must be the one to make a request.

Ning Ning didn’t believe that Chen Junyan was resigned to his fate, for if he were, there’s no way he would be the male lead. Instead, he would just be an unimportant member of the circus who submitted to reality.