Chapter 30

30: Abandoned Child

Ning Ning usually woke up very early, but today she found out that someone was even earlier than her.

It was not only one person.

"What are all of you doing?" She asked when she saw that a crowd had gathered in the courtyard.

The crowd of people looked at her without saying anything with weird expressions.

Ning Ning locked eyes with them for a while then slowly turned her head. She realised that they were not looking at her, but at Wen Yu who was behind her.

Wen Yu ran over and hugged Ning Ning, then he looked down ahead of him, his vision going through the columns of legs, landing on the Socialite who was lying behind those legs, her face was covered with a red cloth? It was, in fact, not a red cloth, it was blood.

The doctor came, the police came, the reporters came. After a rowdy day passed by, the Director hammered the table and said, "We are about to start filming, why did such a thing happen!"

The Socialite died, the theater was sealed because of it. The cast and crew living in the theater were forced to move out, no one knew when they could move back in and restate it back into a filming location.

Chen Guan Chao looked awful. He leaned on the wall and lowered his head to smoke a cigarette. He suddenly looked up with a chilling expression. "This is not entirely a bad thing."

The Director stared at him blankly. "In what sense?"

"You connect this incident with <<Phantom of the Opera>>." Chen Guan Chao said blandly, "In <<Phantom of the Opera>>, the original lead female singer was almost smashed to death, it caused the appearance of the Phantom...isn't that the same situation as what we are facing now?"

The Director looked at him in an extremely unfamiliar way. He finally said after a long time," ...She was your girlfriend, aren't you even a little sad that this happened to her?"

"Of course I'm sad." Chen Guan Chao said this, but his expression was very calm. "But what is most important now is <<Phantom of the Theater>>, my movie!"

Thus, during the period in which the theater was locked down, the popularity of <<Phantom of the Theater>> did not go down but actually went up instead. The newspapers continuously published news of the cast trying to hire a new supporting female role and of the bizarre murder at the same time. The major newspapers restrained themselves on what they published, the smaller newspapers on the other hand were fearless and wrote about anything and everything.

This news made Ning Ning who would be acting as the Phantom into a hot topic among people.

Especially when her poor relationship with the victim was dug out.

"A murderous actor? Interesting, let's watch the movie when it gets released." Was what a lot of people were saying and thinking, which was good for the movie, but what good did it do for Ning Ning?

People conformed to the majority's view, a lot of things that were not true became true as more people said it. Could it be that after the movie was done, she would have to live the rest of her life with the title of murderer?

"Why did you do this?" Ning Ning trapped the origin of the rumours on a wall, she viciously hit his face with a newspaper.

Chen Guan Chao's face was red from the beating but he was not angry. In fact, he turned around and smiled at her.

"You've changed." He said while smiling, "The child named Wen Yu has changed you. You no longer have spirituality, you conform to people, completely unlike the Phantom!"