Chapter 152

152: House Arrest

Ning Ning was under house arrest.

"No, no, how could we put you under house arrest?" The village chief refused to admit it as he smiled. "We are just afraid that you will get lost. So, before your mother comes back to fetch you, we have to look after you in your mother's stead."

"Where did my mother go?" Ning Ning asked.

"She got a call all of a sudden, it seemed like a big movie is about to start filming. The director designated her as the actress, so she had to rush back through the night." The village chief looked back. "I am not clear about the details either, you can ask him...come in!"

A familiar figure walked in.

It was Mama's manager from the past—also her current manager—Li Bo Yue.

"It is Director Chen's <<Cathay's Centennial>>." Li Bo Yue said as he walked over, "It has over a hundred million in investments. It's a film aiming for the Oscars, a lot of big stars are asking for a role while lowering their rates, your mom wants to elevate her career to the next level, so she cannot let this opportunity slip by."

That was a lie. Ning Ning looked at him.

There was a film named <<Cathay's Centennial>> that year, but the female lead was not Mama. Mama retired from public life due to illness, becoming bedridden with lingering sickness from then on, never participating in the filming of any films ever again.

Speaking of which...the time which Mama fell sick, it seemed to be after she returned from the ancestor worship ceremony?

"She arranged for me to stay and accompany you." Li Bo Yu opened his briefcase, took out something and handed it to her. "Here."

Ning Ning took a look, she was speechless. It was a handheld console.

"I still have work on hand, I can't accompany you at every moment, so I prepared these." Li Bo Yue held his briefcase, continuously taking things out, boxes of game cartridges were laid out on Ning Ning's bed. "This should be enough for one summer vacation right?"

It was not just for one summer vacation, it was enough for her to kill time until the next summer vacation.

But that was really strange...Li Bo Yue was such a career-minded person, why would he miss the chance to fight for the female lead in <<Cathay's Centennial>> and stay in the countryside to watch her play games?

"Why are you the one to stay here?" Ning Ning switched on the handheld console. "You are the one who handles Mama's work affairs, she won't be able to handle it without you, right? If it's just accompanying me to play games, anyone can do it."

"Maybe compared to her job, your mother values you more." Li Bo Yue said with a smile, then waved the phone in his hand. "We'll talk later, we can talk on the phone if anything comes up."