Chapter 160

160: What Hurts Me

Director Chen fell sick.

The news spread like wildfire, some unscrupulous tabloids had already published his obituary.

"He's now holding on to his last breath." Li Bo Yue placed the contract in front of Ning Ning. "His time should be up around the time this show finishes filming. The tabloids are not wrong, this is probably his last piece of work in his life."

In other words, his swan song.

Ning Ning picked up the contract to take a look, she casually asked a question, "What happened to the villagers afterwards?"

A sentence that came out of nowhere, but Li Bo Yue followed up on it.

"You came out without finishing <<A Chinese (Boy) Ghost Story>>?" He said with a smile.

There was a saying: Everyone is an actor in life.

Ning Ning did not believe that up until this moment, she believed it now.

The best actor was right beside her. Li Bo Yue had known about the existence of Life Theater long ago, he might even have known that Mama had been relying on the theater to hone her acting skills, that she was also relying on the theater to hone her acting skills.

"...There was something I have always thought of as a coincidence," Ning Ning said, "every time I return from the theater, I will always receive the roles that are extremely similar to the roles I transmigrated as..."

Li Bo Yue looked at her with a smile.

That expression of non surprise seemed to have already given her the answer.

"My father and your mother are from the same village," he crossed both his hands on his knees as he said leisurely, "if they were to have stayed in the Ning Village and never left, then they would have probably been married according to the traditions of the village—you would have to address me as Big Brother."

Ning Ning looked at him without saying anything.

"Of course, it's fine if you want to address me as such now." Li Bo Yue said with a smile, "Because even after they had left the village, my father continued to care for your mother. He also cared for you—of course, I'm the same as well...I care for you."

His eyes were burning with ambition, it clearly showed that his care was not out of sincerity...but out of ambition.

Ning Ning stared at him for a while then asked, "What do you want?"

Li Bo Yue leaned back on the sofa, he seemed to be reminiscing, also seemed to be organising his words.

"All these while, my dad has been researching Ning Village together with Pei Xuan, they have been researching Life Opera House." He said slowly, "At first, I thought he was being conned, afterwards, I realised...it was real. Life Opera House really existed in this world, there is really a place which could turn a person immortal."

...Immortal?

Ning Ning thought hard about it, but did not expect that his main area of concern was actually this. She was stunned for a moment before she said, "Don't...tell me that you want to be a masked person?"

"Masked person?" Li Bo Yue shook his head and smiled, "No, I think the doorman is more suitable for me."

"...Do you know what you're talking about?" Ning Ning looked at him grimly. "Do you know what the doorman does?"