Chapter 93

93: Returning to 1997

After this, it was a week of dormancy.

Within this week, Lian Lian did not look for Ning Ning, Ning Ning also did not take the initiative to contact her.

What needed to be said had already been said, what needed to be conveyed had already been conveyed, what was next was to wait—

To wait for the most suitable movie.

But as the days went by, Ning Ning's way of thinking began to change.

"Wen Xiao Ning waited her whole life for the movie she wanted the most and yet she did not get it." She thought, "Why would I be able to get what I want?"

Within this week, Ning Ning visited Life Theater every late night to take a look at the new posters on the wall.

The poster changed every night. Movies were screened every night, from <<Lady of the Night>> to <<Backup Boyfriend>>, from <<Midnight Tales>> to <<Hot-Blooded Boxing>>. No one entered the theater, but the movies would still screen exactly on time for the empty cinema, showing the happiness, anger, sadness and joy of a person's life.

Another week had passed, Ning Ning received a call from Lian Lian.

"There's no time anymore." Lian Lian told her in exasperation, "You can't afford to wait anymore, look for a movie that happens in around the same time period and go in."

"What happened?" Ning Ning asked.

"Did you not see the entertainment news today? Yan Qing unintentionally divulged your secret." Lian Lian let out a cold laugh. "She said you were her ideal female supporting character when she was getting interviewed, she even mentioned the incident with the audition video."

Ning Ning's heart thumped.

"It might not have been intentional, but <<The Great Empire>> has been a hit show recently, you are also rising in popularity along with it. There are quite a number of reporters trying to dig up information on you." Lian Lian said, "I will try my best to suppress this, but as a precaution, you should not wait anymore."

"I understand." Ning Ning looked at the poster in front of her, "I will set out tonight."

Title: <<Dreams of the Future>>

Starring: <<Xu Rong>>

This was a fairytale-like poster.

On the poster was red-coloured ground, there were many trees. What grew on the trees were not flowers nor fruits, but were pretty clothes, expensive shoes, cute hats, there were also bags of snacks and popsicles as well. It was very colourful, lustrous and dazzling, it looked like the world of a fairytale.

A pair of mother and daughter were standing beneath the trees. The mother smiled as she picked a pink hat from the tree and put it on the head of her young daughter, her daughter smiled as she looked at her mother.

This image was heartwarming and beautiful, it was virtually the dream of a child.

Ning Ning stared at the poster for a while before she muttered softly, "Nanny Xu..."

Xu Rong was Ning Ning's nanny when she was a child.

There was a period of time when Mama was very busy with work, she did not even have time for her own meals, not to mention cooking for Ning Ning, so she hired Nanny Xu to take care of her.

But that was only up till she was four. After that, Nanny Xu's child needed someone to take care of her, so she quitted and went home to take care of her child.