Chapter 132

132: Nurturing Someone into a Lover

"Director Chen?" Shi Zhong Tang said with a laugh. "It is unlikely that he would go so far to implicate him.."

When she returned from Director Chen's side, Ning Ning immediately looked for Shi Zhong Tang, telling him her worries and asking for his opinion.

"Boss Qu is both the doorman and the executioner; whichever identity he assumes, he cannot go against the rules of the theater." Shi Zhong Tang pushed a cup of coffee on the table forward towards Ning Ning. "Don't worry."

That was my cup of coffee. Chen Shuang He glared at him, he had no choice but to pour a new cup of coffee for himself. He held it in his hands like a small animal protecting its food as he continued to eavesdrop on their conversation brazenly, trying his best to digest the information in the conversation.

"Is that so?" Ning Ning took the cup of coffee and had a sip.

"That's right. If there is an accident in filming this time, then no matter if it was dying by poison, getting crushed by a chandelier, or getting run over by a husky etc... No matter what, no one else would be dying." Shi Zhong Tang pointed his finger and made the gesture of firing a gun, aiming at Chen Shuang He and saying 'bang'. "No one else but you, Little Chen Boy."

The two of them spat out coffee at the same time. Cough, cough, cough. In the end, he still had to die?!!

"I was just joking." Shi Zhong Tang said while grinning mischievously. "The executioner's mission is to change the past of the stowaway, to make a mess of their past...but he cannot kill them."

"The saviour does the opposite?" Ning Ning asked with a frown, "There's bound to be a winner and loser between those two, is there a punishment for the loser?"

"There isn't." Shi Zhong Tang said.

Upon hearing that, Ning Ning breathed a sigh of relief. She suddenly saw Director Chen wave at her from a distance, thus she got up and said, "Director Chen is calling for me, I'll be going over."

It was after she was a distance away that Chen Shuang He heard Shi Zhong Tang laugh in a low voice, "...As if."

Chen Shuang He turned his head to look at him. Shi Zhong Tang still had his regular happy-go-lucky look, it seemed like if you were to take his mask off, you would see a smiling face with curved eyebrows. For some reason, something felt vaguely off, but if you want to point out what it was specifically, Chen Shuang He could not do it...

"Cut."

A few days later, filming started. It went smoothly at first, but when they reached the part where Juliet was met with an unfortunate car accident while eloping, for the sake of avoiding her father's rage, Romeo deployed manpower to find a girl who looked exactly like Juliet—Director Chen started to shout 'cut' incessantly.

"That take wasn't done well enough." Director Chen furrowed his brows. He seemed to be unable to point out exactly where it wasn't done well, all he did was to repeat a word, "Retake."

Chen Shuang He took a deep breath as he sat on the sofa, smartly dressed. He turned open the book in his hand and said gently, "Come in."

The door opened, a woman's pair of legs walked to his side in a timid manner.

This was the tenth woman who had been sent to him, the nine before her had all disappointed him, he did not hold much hope this time either. He took a look at her once he finished reading a page of the book, then he could not look away anymore.