Chapter 57

57: Lowered Difficulty?

"Three minutes..." Chen Shuang He muttered while looking down.

"What are you talking about Chen Ge1?" The Rookie beside him looked at him curiously.

"No, it's nothing." Chen Shuang He looked up, his smile was like a spring breeze.

He had to have been seeing things, Chen Ge was publicly acknowledged as the gentleman of the entertainment industry, how could he have had a scary expression? The Rookie complained to him, "Chen Ge, I'm about to be in trouble."

The two of them were a little acquainted, Chen Shuang He asked gently, "What's wrong?"

"It's that Ning Ning, the queen of crap films." The Rookie complained softly, "Let's take the scene we're about to film as an example, Yang Yue had twenty-odd NGs while we filmed with her, I almost fell asleep while kneeling on the floor. Wouldn't I be sleeping on the floor the whole day if we swapped Ning Ning in?"

It appeared again! That demonic expression!

"How can it be?" The demonic expression on Chen Shuang He's face disappeared in a flash, his smile was still so gentle. "She is not as bad as you described her to be."

The Rookie had long forgotten about Ning Ning, he stared at Chen Shuang He stupidly. Was he seeing things again? Or should he visit an ophthalmologist?

"Alright, it's almost time. Let's go over." Chen Shuang He gave his shoulder a pat. He conveniently got closer and whispered in his ear, "Oh right, she is a very good actress."

"...Huh?" The Rookie was taken aback.

"Not even I would dare to underestimate her." Chen Shuang He smiled gently at him. "You're but an actor who makes a living because of your looks, who are you to underestimate her?"

The Rookie looked dumbfoundedly at Chen Shuang He's back as he left. Someone gave his shoulder a pat and asked, "What did Chen Ge talk to you about? Did he give you pointers for your scene?"

Rookie, "He said, Ning Ning is a very good actress, not even he would dare to underestimate her, I am but an actor that makes a living because of my looks, so I shouldn't even think about underestimating her."

The other party, "...How are you hard of hearing at such a young age!"

No one would believe that Chen Shuang He had said such a thing. Similarly, no one would have believed that Ning Ning had any acting skills.

There were even people making side bets on how many times Ning Ning would get NG in the next scene.

"Yang Yue already had twenty-odd NGs. If it were Ning Ning, two hundred?"

This was a joke, but this was also what everyone genuinely thought.

<<The Great Empire>> was a scramble for imperial supremacy, a fight between a pair of brothers. When did it start? Where did it start?

It started from the announcement of the arrival of a princess. It started from a regal beauty walking in from the backdoor. The foreign ministers, the imperial bodyguards, the palace maids and the eunuchs were all bowing down without fail.

Among those were the male lead who was a general, and the second male lead who was a notable minister.

It would have been fine if neither of them raised their heads, even if they did, it would have been fine if the Princess did not smile at them when they did.

It was only when they looked back in their old age that they realised, everything had started from that smile.

This smile was also the opening scene for <<The Great Empire>>. In this superficial era we lived in, a lot of people watched a show for its opening scene, read books for its opening (chapter). If the opening was not done well, they would give up on the book. No one cared about what happened later on. So, no matter how well your show was in the latter parts, the opening must be fascinating enough to attract people.