Chapter 66

66: Clue

The day of the wedding was getting closer. Ning Ning did not feel the excitement of a person who was about to get married, she only felt an anxiety that was getting heavier as the days went by.

"What did you say?" She furrowed her brows, "Who is this letter for?"

Her next door neighbour was standing at her door. She was an old woman who had a mix of white and grey hair. She handed the letter in her hand to Ning Ning with an apologetic look. "My grandson helped me collect my letters, he probably accidentally took Yan Qing's letter along with ours. Since it's her letter, it's not so nice to leave it at my place, look..."

A letter for the dead, if Ning Ning did not accept it, she would probably throw it away.

"Alright." Ning Ning reached out and accepted the letter. "I will give it to her parents."

"Alright. Thank you, thank you." The neighbour breathed a sigh of relief, she finally got rid of the hot potato.

Ning Ning looked down at the letter in her hands after the neighbour left. It was really strange. The letter was pretty recent, it was sent five days ago. The news of Yan Qing's death should have already been sent out then, who would send a letter to a dead person?

She opened the letter and received a shock. Not only was there a letter, there seemed to be a gift as well, that gift was...She didn't have enough time to look at it when a hand reached out from behind her and took the letter away.

Ning Ning turned back and saw Pei Xuan was staring at the letter, then he very naturally kept it and smiled at her. "Why are you still dawdling around? Get dressed, let's go look at the wedding gowns."

Today was the day the two of them were supposed to pick a wedding gown. Ning Ning hesitated in front of the Chinese-style and Western-style gowns. In the end, she picked the Chinese-styled one, it was not because it was her preferred choice, she just did not want to dress up like the Yan Qing in the photo frame...

"We'll take both." Pei Xuan bought both of them, he said with a smile. "I want to see you in both of them."

Pei Xuan was the one who was paying, so they bought both gowns. The Chinese-styled gown was alright, the Western-style one was a little too tight, Ning Ning's current body was too fat to fit, so they went to the tailor the shop recommended. This was not something that could be done in a day or two, they spent a total of a month to tailor the gown to her proportions.

"It looks really good." Pei Xuan gave praise upon seeing Ning Ning come out of the dressing room.

Ning Ning walked towards him with a smile, she paused a little along the way as she felt an itch on her waist, it seemed like the wedding gown had something stuck in it, maybe it was the label? She was not too bothered by it. Pei Xuan paid for the wedding gown without a fuss, then told her while grinning from ear to ear, "So you'll wear this back home today?"

Ning Ning rolled her eyes, "There's no way."

She changed out of the wedding gown in the dressing room, shuddering as she undressed down to her waist. She saw what was stuck at the waist portion of the dress.

"What is this?" The shop staff seemed to have not expected that there would be something in the gown. Ning Ning stopped them when they were about to remove it.

"It's fine, this belongs to me." Ning Ning tore it off and carefully kept it. She thought it over before turning over and told them, "This is a surprise I have prepared for my husband, don't tell him about it."

The shop staff smiled understandingly. "Got it."

She really had her lips sealed, she did not tell Pei Xuan who was waiting outside about it. Ning Ning walked out with a poker face and told him, "Let's go back."