Chapter 129

129: The Gradually Disappearing Man

Chen Shuang He suddenly shuddered as he looked at the man in front of him.

"Customer, please follow me."

"...Hold on, you are not a customer."

"Stowaway!! Hahaha, come quickly, everybody! Someone snuck in, someone finally snuck in!!"

Masked people swarmed over. The screen had a blood-coloured countdown timer. At the end of the countdown, a pair of eyes suddenly opened on the screen.

Like the headlights of a car suddenly lighting up in a dark night, two beams of white light shone on him, stinging Chen Shuang He's eyes enough for him to close his eyes. Once he opened his eyes again, he had returned to the past.

"Is this a dream?" Chen Shuang He murmured as he slowly reached out a hand towards Shi Zhong Tang.

If it was a dream, his finger would pass through the mask in front of him, but it didn't. His finger definitely touched the mask, a mildly warm yet cool feeling seeped into his finger.

Chen Shuang He immediately retracted his finger, looking at the other party with surprise and caution. "You're real?"

"What's real?"

A woman's voice suddenly rang out behind him. Chen Shuang He abruptly turned his head around, a woman with long hair and a pale face was standing behind him, looking at him with a smile.

It was said that having fair skin would help make up for three flaws, but this woman was fair in a feeble way, a frail way, in such a way where she had no trace of vigour. She was like an outline of a person that was drawn on the wall with a pencil, if one were to casually erase her with an eraser, they would be able to easily erase her from the world.

"Mother..." Chen Shuang He murmured. He reached out to touch her face, his movement was so careful, he was afraid that his finger would pass through her face.

He touched it.

A pale, rough, dehydrated face.

"What's wrong?" The woman in front of him—his mother, Chen Hui—asked with uncertainty, "Why are you crying?"

Chen Shuang He was stunned for a moment. He touched his cheek, it was wet with his tears.

"Poor child, it's loneliness, right?" Chen Hui sighed. She hugged him and said, "Your father said he would bring us on a vacation today, but he went back on his word at the very last minute... Do you know why?"

She held Chen Shuang He's hand as they walked downstairs. Even though it was a villa, the lighting was darker than a typical house. With one look at the surroundings, one could see that it was due to the fact that the curtains were all drawn. She brought Chen Shuang He to the sofa as they sat down together, then picked up a remote control and pointed it in front of her, pressing a button. The television turned on, Ning Yu Ren's face appeared on the screen.

<<Sicilian Holiday>>, Ning Yu Ren and a foreign actor portrayed a foreign love story.

"It's because of her." Chen Hui stared at Ning Yu Ren as she talked to her son, "She has taken your father away again. Filming, filming, filming. After this one, there would still be the next one. With her around, your father will never return to our side."

"Switch the television off." Shi Zhong Tang told Chen Shuang He as he stood behind the sofa, "It's enough to watch the television once in a while. Don't indulge in it and treat the actress in the television as an imaginary enemy."