Chapter 133

133: Deception

A few days later, at the filming location.

"Juliet." Chen Shuang He waited a while before turning his head and said, "I mean you."

It was then that Ning Ning seemed to come back to her senses. As she exclaimed, she walked over to him in small steps with a cup of coffee in hand.

Chen Shuang He looked at her, she was having a slightly dazed expression. He waited for the steam from the coffee to gradually dissipate before waving his hand, "You can't even convince me, how do you expect to deceive Juliet's father?"

The cup fell on the floor due to his hand wave, it shattered. Ning Ning knelt down as she tried to pick up the pieces, but he pulled her off the floor, his brows were creased tightly as he said unhappily, "What are you doing?"

"The floor is dirty, I, I'll clean it up." Ning Ning kept her head low, seeming to be slightly afraid of him.

Chen Shuang He let out a laugh. He pinched her chin and pulled her face up bit by bit as he said to her gently, "You are Juliet, a lady who grows up with a golden spoon in her mouth. This is something only servants would do, when would you ever need to do this?"

"I'm sorry..." Just as those two words left her mouth, Chen Shuang He threw her viciously onto the floor, the gentleness from before was nowhere to be seen now. He looked down at her with an extremely cold expression.

"You have to meet Juliet's father the day after tomorrow." Chen Shuang He said coldly, "If you couldn't deceive him, I would have to die; but I wouldn't die alone, I would bring you along with me."

"Cut." Director Chen waved his hand, "Very good, next scene."

A movie would not be shot completely according to the script's order, the order would be jumbled up sometimes. Originally, there were still a few more scenes of Romeo training fake Juliet, but due to the filming location being further away, Director Chen temporarily left them out for now. They would first film the scene of the fake Juliet deceiving the father.

The location switched from the living room to a girl's bedroom. Although the owner had left for a very long time, the room had been kept very clean. As it was three in the afternoon—time for afternoon tea—a pot of red tea was placed on the table, along with a snack stand of macarons, tiramisu, doughnuts etc.

The tea had already gone cold, the snacks had yet to be touched, a man who was all white on the temples was sitting by the table with his back to Ning Ning, like he was waiting for a certain person to return.

A pair of hands slowly reached out behind him, covering his eyes. Ning Ning sang to the tune of an opera, "Guess who I am?"

The man's lips trembled a little, he started to sing. When he sang, Boss Qu also sang behind him, a familiar republic tune. "It's a princess of the Qing dynasty, a fairy who had fallen from heaven, a peony in the mortal realm..."

Boss Qu slowly turned his head and looked at her. "...It's the most beautiful girl in the world, my daughter."

Ning Ning slowly put her hands down, her fingers were already wet with tears, Qu Yan looked at her with teary eyes. Who was the person who put the makeup on him? Why...did they make him look so much like Boss Qu?

He slowly stood up from the chair, as he slowly stood up, the surroundings seemed to transform, turning into the room of a young lady from the Republican Era1. They were surrounded by wooden four-part wardrobes2, in which modern cheongsams were hung, each one was of the latest design of the time, made with the best materials.