Chapter 64

64: Accomplice

Pei Xuan placed his cup on the table, his long slender fingers were caressing it as he asked in a slow manner, "Who are you acting as?"

Ning Ning blinked quickly.

"You have been acting like another person in front of me these days. A conservative old-fashioned yes man dressed like a nun who could not be more afraid of Li Ping Ping." Pei Xuan looked at her, seemingly smiling. "But we both know that...you are not that person at all."

Ning Ning's heart thumped.

"I don't know why you dressed up like this. To be honest, I'd rather see you wear that tasteless red and green dress from before." Pei Xuan gestured at her then shook her head, "We know each other so well already, can't you be more honest and open with me?"

A red and green dress...

Ning Ning went back to the dormitory after the two of them went their separate ways. She decided to go through her wardrobe and found an exotic foreign flag, red on the left and green on the right... Wait! Upon closer inspection, it really was a dress! What kind of twisted person would buy this kind of thing?

But no matter how much Ning Ning did not want to admit it, this dress was in her wardrobe. Yun Lin bought it, she might have even worn it in front of Pei Xuan.

So what Pei Xuan said might have been true. Conservative and old-fashioned, being a yes man—that was all to fool others! To fool Ning Ning! The true Yun Lin was nothing like that.

"You're back." Li Ping Ping came out of the bathroom as she finished washing her hair, she seemed to be very anxious to know what happened as there were still bubbles remaining on her head. "How did it go with Mr Pei?"

Ning Ning looked at her while holding the dress.

When two people were together there would definitely be one who was stronger and one who was weaker. Ning Ning had always thought that Li Ping Ping was the stronger one and she was the weaker one, but was that how it really was?

"A candlelit dinner date." Ning Ning said, "I promised to go over to his house next week. He wants to renovate his living room the way I like it. Give me your opinion, do you think it should be western or eastern style?"

Li Ping Ping was prepared to smile victoriously, but after hearing what Ning Ning had to say, she could only flash a constipated smile.

"...That is impossible!" She had a look of disbelief, or maybe she could not accept what Ning Ning had said. "I know Mr Pei has already broken up with you. Don't lie to me, you're just lying to yourself, you..."

She was interrupted before she could finish.

"If you want us to break up, you should not have asked him." Ning Ning walked up to her and caressed her cheek with her right hand. "You should have asked me."

The two of them were reflected in the mirror on the wall. One was tall, the other was short, one was fatter the other was slimmer, the strong and the weak clashed as they vied to be on top of each other.

"Huh? Ask you?" Li Ping Ping said stiffly. She tried to be strong, but her final sentence had a hint of nervousness, "...Why should I ask you?"

"Because you have already used your last resort to no avail. Pei Xuan did not break up with me." Ning Ning said with a laugh. She did not intentionally try to make herself look strong, but once the other party showed weakness, she naturally looked stronger. "You could only ask me to break up with him."

Li Ping Ping firmly fixed her gaze on Ning Ning's face.

Rage slowly engulfed Li Ping Ping's face as time passed, it seemed like the rage would turn into violence at any moment.