Chapter 165

165: Red and White

"Or is it that..." Ning Ning asked, "you're actually here to kill me?"

Wen Yu looked down at her without speaking.

"Compared to Mr. Rabbit, I'm the better choice, right?" Ning Ning slowly looked up at him. "After all, Mr. Rabbit is only one of the masked people, but I'm the leader of all the masked people."

Wen Yu did not admit it, but he didn't retort either.

But with Ning Ning's understanding, his silence in the moment meant an acknowledgement.

"But you can't do it." Ning Ning smiled at him.

As she finished saying that, her neck suddenly felt cold.

A dining knife was put up horizontally to her neck.

"If I kill you now, you won't be the Ning Ning from my memory." Wen Yu held the knife handle, he seemed to be explaining to Ning Ning, he also seemed to be talking to himself, "Then you won't make so many mistakes, you would not become what you were like in the future."

The dining knife being held up to her neck had a trace of coldness.

Ning Ning glanced down, that's strange, how did she not feel any fear?

Thinking briefly about it, she understood now.

A trusting look was cast upon Wen Yu, Ning Ning said gently, "You can't do it."

Wen Yu, "..."

"I understand you, just like how I will never harm you, you will also never harm me." Ning Ning raised her hand, "The proof is right here."

Her gentle fingers were like the spring wind as it caressed his eyes.

"You can't even see masked people even now." Ning Ning laughed, "It proves that you still have hope in your heart."

The slowly falling finger pressed down on his chest, she asked quietly, "...The belief that made you hold on till now, is it really to kill me?"

The heart that was silent to the point where it was like it stopped beating, in that moment it suddenly started to beat violently.

"A lot of people think that this is a type of flaw." Wen Yu said blandly, "In the future, only children who are barely a few years old could not see masked people. Not being able to see masked people would mean not being able to deal with or escape from masked people, so their parents would force them to be able to see...I'm probably the last person who cannot see masked people..."

He looked down at his chest, looking at the hand that was pressing down on his chest, he suddenly let out a bitter laugh. He held Ning Ning's hand with both hands, slowly shifting her hand to his own forehead.

"The reason is most probably as you said." He bent over slightly, placing his forehead to her finger in an almost devout manner, like an angel shining a light on their believer, he closed his eyes and smiled bitterly. "The hope in my heart remains. I came here for you, I came here for the future of humans, I want to save you, I want to save everyone, so..."

He opened his eyes to look at Ning Ning as he said with an extremely imposing tone, "I have to find the reason you turned into a masked person!"