Chapter 91

91: Remorse

The movie had begun.

A filament lamp was crackling above his head.

Mu Gua looked up from the chair he was sitting on, his face was covered with a wet towel as he let out a painful cry.

A hand took the towel off and a man asked him, "Talk, have you been talking to Lian Lian from a long time ago?"

Mu Gua caught his breath, then shook his head.

"Where did she run off to?"

Mu Gua shook his head again.

"Who else knows about this?"

"...Just me." Mu Gua looked at the ceiling with a dazed expression, then shifted his sight to the man, "Just me."

"Good." The other party let out a laugh before he placed the towel on Mu Gua's face again.

Air was running out, his nose was getting filled with water. Mu Gua struggled as if he was drowning. On the verge of death, his short life flashed across his eyes.

The spring flowers blossomed, the figure of a girl who seemed to be standing in front of a source of light was approaching him with a smile.

"Angel..." He murmured in his heart.

The girl slowly walked towards him, the glow around her slowly disappeared and turned into an unbecoming set of old clothes. Suddenly, he was slapped across the face, then was grabbed by the collar and shouted at, "Fatass! Give me my character specification back!"

Mu Gua opened his eyes, the filament lamp and the viscous man had both disappeared, the only thing that was with him was his fat body. He smiled as his fats jiggled. "Sis..."

"How should I put it?" Shi Zhong Tang sat on the audience seat, he touched his chin with his right hand, as if he was a picky interviewer, he said regretfully, "Your performance this time is a failure."

"...What makes you say that?" Ning Ning was stunned, she turned and looked at him.

"Look." Shi Zhong Tang pointed at the screen with his chin.

On the screen, Ning Ning settled the school withdrawal procedures on her own, then walked into a hotel. She asked with hesitation, "Are you hiring?"

Oily plates were placed into a sink, coming out clean after. A pair of tender hands were placed into a sink, coming out full of frostbites after.

At the end of the month, this pair of frostbitten hands held onto a few crumpled pieces of cash and handed them to Mu Gua.

"Get yourself a new set of uniform and stationery." Ning Ning told Mu Gua with a tired expression, "Don't let your schoolmates make fun of you, saying that you are a kid that your parents don't love."

Mu Gua looked at her hands and did not take the money for a long time.

"You knew that the script on hand has problems, especially the character specifications of Mu Er, why did you still act according to it?" On the audience seats, Shi Zhong Tang looked at Ning Ning sincerely and asked, "Is it because it is easier to act according to the script?"

Ning Ning's face turned red, her eyes had a look of agitation of being misunderstood, "That's not it..."

"Then why?" Shi Zhong Tang asked as he looked back at the screen.

Pei Xuan's face appeared on screen. With his gold-framed glasses, he sat in a refined manner on the sofa across from Mu Gua and pushed a contract in front of him.