Chapter 24

24: The Ghost's Victory

"Wen Xiao Ning! What are you trying to pull?" The Socialite shouted angrily while covering the back of her neck.

Laughter echoed from the back of the room again. Near yet far, sad yet happy. The Socialite couldn't help but take one step back, because after the laughter, that voice questioned her with evil intent, "Then who are you? What relationship do you have with him?"

This sentence blurred the lines of acting and reality. The Socialite momentarily could not differentiate whether the person questioning her was Ning Ning or the Phantom. She was also unclear as to whether she was the Socialite, or the Wealthy Lady.

"I am his girlfriend!" The Socialite shouted angrily, "Who do you think you are? A small time actress who came from nowhere, you still want to turn people against me?"

"Although I am only an unpopular actress, but he seems to pay more attention to me?" The voice tsked twice, "Oh em gee, are you angry? What's there to be angry about..."

The voice got closer to the Socialite. It was close enough that she could just reach out and grab it. It told her slowly, "Whether what I said was true or not, wouldn't your heart know best?"

The Socialite pounced on the voice angrily, but ended up tripping on the coffin at her feet.

She exclaimed as she fell into the coffin. Before she could stand up, someone had closed the lid to the coffin above her.

"What are you doing?"

"Let me out! Let me out!"

"Ah ah ah ah ah!"

When Chen Guan Chao and the others arrived, a flashlight was pointed in front of them. It showed a coffin that was shaking non-stop, Ning Ning was sitting on it with her hair draped over her face. She was singing while clapping like a child, the lyrics of her song were a little weird. Upon a closer listen, it sounded like, "Kidnapees, pick your wooden puppet..."

No one dared to speak for a while. Chen Guan Chao waited for her to repeat the song two more times before he shouted, "Cut!"

Ning Ning shivered, turned around and looked at them. It was like she had just woken up from a dream. Before she could speak, she was already covered in sweat.

She got off from the coffin, turned around and opened the coffin lid. The Socialite had cried her eyes out inside. After she was helped up, the Socialite clung onto Chen Guan Chao and wept, "She's too much, too much......"

Chen Guan Chao patted her back, suddenly his eyes sparkled. "Ah! I just got inspired."

Upon saying that, just like the parasol before, he tossed the Socialite to someone beside him, then rushed over to the table in the room. He switched on the table lamp, took out some pen and paper and started to write at a tremendous speed.

The crowd looked at each other. It was not just them, even the Socialite didn't know how to react at the moment. Should she continue to cry, or save some energy and cry later? Finally someone coughed and asked, "Young Master Chen, what do we do next?"

"Didn't I already say cut?" Chen Guan Chao answered impatiently without looking up, "How many times do I need to say it? Cut! Cut! Cut!! Alright you guys can leave, oh right..."

He suddenly turned his head and pointed at Ning Ning and Ning Yu Ren with the fountain pen in his hand, "The two of you stay behind. I have another new inspiration, I am about to finish the scene I'm writing. The three of us will rehearse it later. "

The Socialite was unwilling to leave just like this. She snuggled up close to Chen Guan Chao and grabbed his arm. In the end, Chen Guan Chao turned around and let out a long roar, "Ahhhhh! Quiet down!! Do not interrupt my thoughts!! Disappear for the time being for one two three four five six seven eight hours. Ahhh!!"