Chapter 151

151: Sacrifice

Day one, no water.

Ning Ning licked her dry lips. She looked up, the sounds of cicadas rang out from outside the round well.

"...Where are we?" An equally dry voice rang out.

Ning Ning looked down and saw that Wen Yu had finally woken up. A ray of sunlight shone into the well, falling upon his bruised face.

"In a well." Ning Ning said.

Wen Yu struggled to get up with one arm, but he was unable to do so as he fell back down. His head was laid on Ning Ning's knees, he closed his eyes for a moment before he reopened them and looked at her. "Why must you do this?"

Ning Ning was stunned for a moment, then she understood. Wen Yu could not see the green-clothed young man, so from what he saw, Ning Ning had willingly jumped into the well instead of being tricked into falling in.

Just as Ning Ning was thinking about how to explain the matter, Wen Yu suddenly asked, "Do you have any regrets?"

...Why did he suddenly ask that? Ning Ning nodded.

"Have you ever had a crush on someone?" Wen Yu continued asking.

Ning Ning hesitated for a moment, then she nodded.

"Of course you have clothes you want but couldn't get, food you want but couldn't have, right?" Wen Yu smiled a little. The sunlight on his face was bright and beautiful, but it was not as bright and beautiful as his smile. "So what are you still depressed about? Becoming young again, becoming yourself in your teenage years, it means that a lot of things can be redone, a lot of regrets can be remedied, this is a good thing."

"...I'm not depressed." Ning Ning said, she did not fall into the well for that reason.

"That's good to hear." Wen Yu raised his hand with difficulty and touched her head. "If you do, just look at me, my hair is already white, I'm already an old fogey..."

"Pei Xuan is the old fogey, not you." Ning Ning tilted her head and avoided his hand. "...Don't treat me like a child."

But she quickly realised, compared to him...she was indeed a child.

Day two, no food.

Ning Ning opened her eyes, wishing that everything that happened the day before was a nightmare. The sound of cicadas could be heard from outside the round well.

...So it was not a dream.

She turned and looked at Wen Yu, the injury on his head had scabbed, but his breathing was getting weaker...it was so weak that Ning Ning could not help but place her face close to his, like a little animal that was sniffing a person, it was not until she sensed his weak breathing that she was relieved.

It couldn't go on like this.

Ning Ning cleared her throat, looked up to the top of the well and shouted, "Help!"

...Such a small voice, it couldn't even compare to a single cicada, how was she supposed to get people to rescue them?

"Help!" Ning Ning shouted louder. In the end, what was strained wasn't her throat, but her stomach. She hugged her stomach, she felt like she could eat a horse. Her stomach felt like it was on fire due to starvation, it was unable to take any more energy consumption.