Chapter 162

162: Dining Knife

Having worked for many years, no matter if it was a new customer or a regular, Wen Yu had always insisted on speaking face-to-face.

"I live very far away, I won't be able to make it today."

"Then you can come over the next time you're free."

After he hung up, Wen Yu looked at the unique customer who was sitting across the dining table.

Technology had come a long way, there were mobile phones and computers, a person's voice and visual could be transmitted from thousands of miles away, but he still liked to talk face-to-face, because only then could the little body movements and expressions speak for the person.

The words that couldn't be spoken.

Within ten minutes, Ning Ning had already drunk three cups of tea, Wen Yu called the waiter to take the already empty teapot away and bring a new pot of flower tea. He refilled her cup as he smiled. "Are you very thirsty?"

"Ah...a little." Ning Ning raised her tea cup with slight embarrassment.

She was not thirsty, she just wanted to ask him something.

"Feeling troubled recently?" Wen Yu took the initiative and asked so that she would not continue to hesitate, words stuck in her throat.

She quickly took a glimpse around her. This glimpse did not escape Wen Yu's eyes, he looked to her side. "Big Brother, do you want something to drink?"

"...He's not here today." Ning Ning said in a quiet voice, "I have something that I wanted to say to you alone."

Wen Yu immediately understood, she wanted to say something related to his brother.

"How have you two been recently?" He probed.

"We're fine." Ning Ning's expression was tangled up for a moment before she suddenly asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"How do you see the two of us?"

"In what sense?"

"Every sense." Ning Ning hesitated for a long while, then asked with a stammer, "If, if...the two of us want to be together?"

The little finger that was on his thigh trembled a little, Wen Yu quickly thought to himself, "The two of them are the people I love the most in the world, of course I hope the two of them would be together."

How good he was at seeing through a person's feelings was how good he was at controlling his own feelings. He leaned back onto the sofa, both his eyebrows were knitted inwards, his eyes drooped as he murmured, "You guys are in a unique situation..."

Ning Ning held her heart and calmed down as she stared at him.

"My brother might not be able to give you an official wedding." He suddenly looked up towards Ning Ning as he asked with a serious expression, "Do you mind that?"

Ning Ning was stunned for a moment, then she chuckled.

That smile was full of reminiscence, Wen Yu thought that Big Brother most probably had asked her the same question.

"I don't mind." Sure enough, she gave a definite answer without thinking.

"There's also the secular views of the world." Wen Yu looked out of the window, there were a few reporters lying in wait downstairs. "It would be fine if you were still the 'Queen of Crap Films', but you're popular now. You will get even more popular in the future, the media will dig up everything about you and show them to the public, especially your relationship matters."