Chapter 163

163: Masked Person's Lover

The person who fell was the makeup artist from the crew.

The ambulance was still on the way, Director Chen was on the phone.

Ning Ning heard what he claimed in the call, "A little accident."

"It's not a mere accident." Ning Ning folded her arms, telling Chen Shuang He in a low voice, "You saw it too, right?"

"Yes." Chen Shuang He had a terrible expression on his face.

The two of them looked up at the attic together.

The makeup artist had fallen from the attic. Because there was no one around her, Director Chen was sure that it was an accident.

But both of them had seen it. When the makeup artist fell, a figure flashed by in the attic.

Although it was just a glimpse, both of them saw that the person had a mask on their face—a rabbit mask.

"I asked the others." Chen Shuang He scanned the surrounding people. "Besides the two of us, the rest of the people said that they didn't see anything, including the ones at the scene."

A person whom only two of them could see...

The identity of that person was almost certain.

"A masked person..." Ning Ning murmured.

At this moment a staff member walked over and said to Ning Ning, "Miss Ning, there's someone outside asking for you, he said he knows you, his name is Wen Yu."

He came at the right time, Ning Ning had something to talk to him about.

Ning Ning had the staff member bring Wen Yu to the rest area, then gave Director Chen a heads up before she went to look for Wen Yu.

With a knock on the door. "Wen Yu, I'm here."

"...Come in."

At the instant she opened the door, a hand suddenly reached from in front of her.

Ning Ning was pulled into the room, the door was closed and locked with a bang.

...If the person standing in front of her was not Wen Yu but another man, Ning Ning probably would have shouted for help; but it was Wen Yu, so she frowned and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Apologies," Wen Yu looked back, he said apologetically, "conditioned reflex."

...What kind of conditioned reflex was that? Ning Ning looked at him speechlessly, she thought that he was looking at her with a very strange expression.

He looked at her like a person looking at a stranger. From her eyebrows to her nose, from her nose to the mole on her cheek, then from the mole on her cheek to her lips, recognising her bit by bit. After confirming her identity, he breathed a sigh of relief then reached out to hug her.

Ning Ning felt a little confused by his sudden hug. She asked after a long while, "What's the matter with you today?"

"...Nothing."

"But the way you were looking at me just now...it made me feel a little creeped out." Ning Ning faked a laugh. "It feels like...you have not seen me in decades."

"Madam Qin is dead." Wen Yu said suddenly after a moment of silence.

Ning Ning was stunned, "Who?"