Chapter 98

98: Medicine

"Anyone who wants to hurt you, Mama will...get rid of all of them."

What did that sentence mean?

Like a dream, on the next day, Ning Yu Ren had reverted to what she was usually like—noble and elegant, graceful and poised, she had even forgiven Xu Rong. She held up Xu Rong who was almost kneeling in front of her as she said with a smile, "Forget about it this time, never again."

"Thank you, thank you." Xu Rong cried as she covered her mouth, "Then, Xiao Yu...can she continue to act?"

"Of course." Ning Yu Ren smiled, "She has nothing to do with this."

Xu Rong breathed a sigh of relief, Ning Ning on the other hand were having goosebumps.

Because Ning Yu Ren was acting.

She was acting as her own usual self—every facial expression, every move—they were seemingly flawless, other than the wound hidden by her gloves, the scab on the back of her hand.

Just before she left the house, Ning Yu Ren hugged Ning Ning and whispered into her ear, "Don't worry, she would not dare to lose you for a while."

Ning Ning abruptly wanted to do something, but Ning Yu Ren quickly let go of her. She gently caressed Ning Ning's cheek with a gloved finger, then she walked out of the door with a smile.

The smile on her face disappeared the moment she got into the car.

"Hello." She gave a certain person a call. "Did you receive it?"

Outside the car window, Ning Ning and Xu Rong came out of the house, Xu Rong was holding Ning Ning's school bag in her hand, waving at Ning Yu Ren from a distance. Ning Yu Ren waved back at her while maintaining her smile, but her tone was cold, "Help me investigate what that medicine is exactly."

After they watched the car leave, Xu Rong told Ning Ning who was beside her, "Alright, it's time to go to school."

Ning Ning held onto the last strand of hope and asked, "Can I not go?"

Of course not, she was four years old as of now, the age of someone who was supposed to attend nursery.

Ning Yu Ren put a great emphasis on Ning Ning's education. She originally studied in the best nursery, furthermore, she was a member of the dance team. She was recently rehearsing a dance titled 'Dance of the Duckling'.

A few little girls were in yellow fluffy dresses, wearing paper duck bills on their mouth. They tossed their heads and tails in a silly manner on stage... Ning Ning was expressionless during the entire process for what felt like an eternity.

Ning Ning finally made it through the school day, but Xu Rong was already waiting by the school gate.

Maybe she was trying to make up for her past mistake, or maybe she was trying to redeem her own image in Ning Yu Ren's eyes, she had started to obey the rules again. Xu Rong woke up conscientiously every morning to send Ning Ning to school on time, ensuring that she picked Ning Ning up from school on time in the afternoon. She accompanied Ning Ning to watch cartoons and do homework on schedule at night.

She would only be willing to bring Ning Ning out to play on the weekends or when there was not much homework.

Sometimes they would go to the zoo, sometimes they would go to the playground, but no matter where they went, whenever they were on the way home, Ning Ning would drag her to the same place for food.

Jade Rabbit Restaurant.

They ordered a tableful of dishes. Ning Ning ate without paying much attention to the food, her eyes were locked on the staff members who were walking about. That wasn't her, that wasn't her either...she could not find Mu Er again today.