Chapter 52

52: The Final Scene

It was the final scene for <<The Person Within the Painting>>.

The resurrection medicine was finally concocted after they went through countless hardships.

There was only one dosage of the medicine, but there were two people.

One was Princess Ling Shan who had been dead for a long time, the other was the male lead who was on the verge of death.

"Quickly take it." Shi Zhong Tang looked up at Ning Ning and said gently, "I've waited for this day for so long."

They had already escaped out of Yumen Pass1, raging sands were blowing past them as a camel stood beside them, the bells on its neck were ringing in the wind which brought forth golden waves. Ning Ning sat on the golden sandy ground in her white dress, Shi Zhong Tang in her arms, she gently shook her head.

"You are still so stubborn even in this moment." His voice was getting softer, then he finally closed his eyes.

Ning Ning opened the bottle the moment his breathing stopped, and poured the contents into his mouth.

She stared at his eyes for a long while after the bottle was emptied, asking in a trembling voice, "Why is he not waking up?"

The Taoist Priest hemmed and hawed, spreading his hand out. "I've already told him, how could a resurrection medicine exist in this world?"

"What did you say?" Ning Ning was slightly taken aback. Unable to control her anger, she drew the sword out of Shi Zhong Tang's waist. She stood up and pointed the sword at the priest's neck. "You lied to him?"

"I did not lie to him!" The priest frantically took an ancient book out from his clothes. "This book was passed down by my ancestors, all the magic arts on it are real. If they weren't, you would not have become the person within the painting..."

Ning Ning snatched the book out of his hands without waiting for him to finish. Upon closer inspection, it was indeed filled with all kinds of magic arts: the art of invisibility, the art of passing through walls, the art of person within the painting... and on the last page, the art of resurrection.

"...How can it be?" Ning Ning blanked out after looking at the art of resurrection, the book fell to the sandy ground from her hand.

The Taoist Priest leapt towards the book and picked it up. He murmured, "I've long told him it wouldn't work, but he wouldn't listen. Sigh, I told him a list of hard to get ingredients so he would give up, who knew he would actually collect all of them..."

A sword pierced his chest and blocked his unfinished words from leaving his throat. Ning Ning pulled the sword out of his back, turned over and looked at Shi Zhong Tang who was on the ground.

She slowly walked over then bent over and caressed his face.

It was strange. She used to feel annoyed whenever she saw this face, but now tears flowed down her cheeks and fell on it.

Ning Ning wiped the tears on her face. She looked down at the sword in her hand and slowly lifted the sword up like a demon. She placed it horizontally across her neck, then closed her eyes and slashed across forcefully—

The sword fell to the ground and kicked up some of the sand.

Ning Ning touched her bleeding neck with both hands and said with a trembling voice, "How can this be?"

A gust of wind blew past, the sound of the pages of a book flipping could be heard. She turned around and saw that the book of magic arts which was lying in the puddle of blood had been blown open by the wind, it was coincidentally opened at the last page. It seemed that because the book had been steeped in blood, words slowly appeared on the previously empty page.