Chapter 101

101: Return Her to Me

"Hello, Yu Ren," he said, "your daughter is not here."

Ning Yu Ren felt faint. Her body swayed, then she fell to the side.

It caused a commotion around her. Her assistant and the director both came running. The director asked worriedly, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Ning Yu Ren forced a smile as she was helped up by her assistant. "Maybe I have been too tired recently, I'll take a short break."

If it were anyone else who had said that, they would definitely be on the end of a scolding from the director, but Ning Yu Ren was different. She was a well-known workhorse in showbiz, it was the same when she filmed <<Dreams of the Future>>. She was almost always on the set. She would wake up at five to memorise her lines every morning, putting in more time and energy than anyone else.

"Go, go." The director waved his hand. "Quickly go lie down in the resting area. Do you need a day off?"

Ning Yu Ren shook her head with a smile, then hurried into the resting area.

She quickly called the person back after closing the door, her voice was anxious. "Did you look around the area?"

"I did, she's not here." The other party answered, "I even had people watching Xu Rong. Ning Ning is not with her either, she went home alone."

Ning Yu Ren hung her head down, her eyes slowly lost their glow. She looked like she had turned into a walking corpse.

"Don't worry." The other person said, "No cars can come in here, you can only walk. It would take ten to twenty minutes to walk in or out, she...or they, could not have gone far."

"...Ok." That was when Ning Yu Ren recovered a little, she said with a trace of earnest hope in her voice, "You have to find her."

"I will." The other party let out a chuckle. "You said it, she is my daughter after all."

After she hung up, Ning Yu Ren leaned on the door and slowly slid to the ground. Her whole body was shivering. She was overcome with emotion and put her left hand into her mouth. Separated by the glove, her teeth were biting down ferociously on the back of her hand.

It was not until the mobile phone in her left hand rang again that she came back to her senses.

"Hello?" She answered the phone frantically, "Did you find her?"

"..." An unfamiliar man's voice rang out after a moment of silence. "Hello, your daughter is with me."

Ning Yu Ren felt faint again, she sat up suddenly. "Ning Ning!"

"Mama." A little girl's voice rang out from the other end. "I'm fine, I got lost, this big brother helped me."

"Got lost?" Ning Yu Ren asked, "What about Xu Rong?"

"She brought me somewhere I don't know." Ning Ning answered, "She said you are waiting for me here. Mama, where are you now?"

Ah, it did happen.

Ning Yu Ren thought as she said gently, "Mama is still on set. Ning Ning, pass the phone to the big brother beside you."

The person on the phone was switched.

"Hello, I am Ning Yu Ren, the actress who acted in <<Person Within the Painting>>." Ning Yu Ren said, "How do I address you?"

"My surname is Wen." The other person paused for a moment. "We've met before. <<Person Within the Painting>> was shot by my father, his surname is Shi, he was the director for <<Person Within the Painting>>."