Chapter 103

103: Secrets of the Heart

There was only one sentence on the note.

"Your sister is in danger, look for me."

There was an address attached at the bottom.

Mu Gua paced up and down at the written address but did not go in, because it was an area for the rich. If you were to look in the distance, there were only a villa, another villa and more villas.

Which rich man would have the leisure to help solve the problem of a poverty-stricken person like him? He remembered the little girl who was only as tall as his thigh, Mu Gua thought that this was most probably a prank.

But after he returned home, he felt regret.

"I should have knocked on the door and asked around," he thought, "there is nothing to lose by asking anyway."

After tossing and turning in bed for a night, he woke up late the next day.

His sister had already left before him. He put his clothes on and went downstairs. He was originally supposed to go to work at Pei Xuan's house, but for some reason, he hesitated.

"I'm late anyway, might as well not go today." Mu Gua looked down at the note in his hand. "...Shall I go to this place once again?"

He was pacing up and down at the entrance, up until a big one and a little one appeared in front of him.

It was the little girl from the other day.

Mu Gua looked at her...companion—the youth. He laughed coldly. "Did you write this note?"

The handwriting was so mature and proper, it could not have been written by that little girl.

The other party took the note out his hand, looked at the words, then said a few words to the little girl before turning around and looking at him. "Let's find a place to sit down and talk about it."

It looked like he had to take care of the little girl by his side. They sat inside a milk tea shop, the shop was very warm, the air had a fragrance of milk.

"Let's talk." Mu Gua leaned on the sofa once they had exchanged names. He folded his arms and asked, filled with doubt and resistance, "What danger is my sister in?"

The other party took a photo out and placed it on the table, pushing it towards Mu Gua.

Mu Gua picked the photo up. It was a candid wedding photo taken by a guest, the groom in the photo was Pei Xuan, the bride however was a woman he had never met.

"It happened in 1994..." The other party slowly said.

Along with his slow intonation, the year 1994, the story of <<Person by the Pillow>>, was slowly screened in front of Mu Gua like a black and white film.

A spine-chilling story.

A cunning, evil and cold-hearted man who had no mercy even for the person by his pillow.

"Your sister is in grave danger right now." The other party concluded in the end.

"Danger?" Mu Gua started laughing, he remained doubtful. He acted like he was all relaxed and shrugged his shoulders. "The story you just told me, when you get down to it, had happened because of a love triangle. What has it got to do with my sister? She doesn't have that kind of relationship with Pei Xuan, she is only helping him out in exchange for money."

Wen Yu furrowed his brows. It was like Mu Gua had said, this incident was very painful for the people who were directly involved along with their relatives and friends, but from the point of view of a bystander, it was just a tragedy caused by a love triangle. Even up until today, there were still some people who believed that Yan Qing was the one in the wrong and that Pei Xuan was the victim.