Chapter 137

137: Adapted from a True Story

Morning, outside the set.

"Sir!" A monk suddenly jumped in front of Director Chen. "This monk was observing the celestial phenomena at night and saw that your crew has an overwhelming bloody omen, it must be an evil spirit causing trouble! You only need to pay eight hundred for a blessing..."

"Go, go, go play at the side." A taoist priest pushed him out of the way, "Observing celestial phenomenons is a Taoist's specialty, what has it got to do with a monk like you? Sir, this old priest can see that your ophryon1 has darkened, I can vaguely see that a bloody omen is upon you..."

Director Chen felt absurd. Once he entered the set, he dragged Li Shan Zhu along and complained, "Where did this group of preachers and spirit catchers come from? I am clearly filming <<Juliet>>, with them around, it's like I'm filming <<Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio>>2...Hmm? What are you looking at?"

Li Shan Zhu was extremely bored, he had been watching a video on the laptop in his hands. The title of the video was: <<Shocking! My hair stood on it's ends instantly, 1:30 left me stunned!>>. Director Chen watched the video along with him to the end, then they looked at each other.

"Shan Zhu." Director Chen coughed once, "Get one person to come and bless this place."

Li Shan Zhu was taken aback, "Director Chen, you really believe this?"

"Believe it my ass!" Director Chen sneered, "But it doesn't matter whether I believe it or not, what's important is that others believe it, the audience believes it."

"What you mean is..." Li Shan Zhu seemed to have understood it.

"<<The Blair Witch Project>>." Director Chen spat out a phrase, "A mockumentary horror movie."

<<The Blair Witch Project>>, a film with less than sixty thousand dollars investment, done with a group of newcomers, running less than eighty two minutes—it ended up as a horror movie miracle that had a box office of two hundred and fifty million dollars. If you talked about the picture quality, there was not much picture quality from a film that was filmed completely on a digital camera. If you talked about the content, the plot was simple and there was nothing extraordinary about it. If you talked about the marketing...it was practically miraculous! Every person who came later then continuously imitated, researched, and attempted to surpass them.

First, posts appeared on the internet one by one, then videos, then images, they told everyone one thing—Maryland housed a witch who killed people, (a witch named) Blair.

No one believed it at first, there were also not many discussions about it. But not long after, missing people notices started appearing in newspapers and magazines, the notices stated that three university students went to Maryland to search for Blair, only to end up missing in the end.

People did not believe the posts on the internet, but they would believe the newspaper. Very quickly, Blair became a central topic among many people, especially young students. When the discussion reached a certain level, a piece of news appeared. It said that a belonging of the three university students was found, it was a digital camera, it had filmed what happened when they went looking for Blair. Currently, a film company acquired the rights from the family of the deceased, edited the footage and screened it.

Many people believed it to be real, but it was actually fake. Everything was fake. The three so-called university students were just the director's classmates.