Chapter 108

108: Hungry Love

For you.

It was just three words, why were they so hard to say?

"It's just three words." Shi Zhong Tang smiled coquettishly. "Are they that hard to say? Here, say them with me—Shi Zhong Tang, Shi Zhong Tang, Shi Zhong Tang, Shi Zhong Tang..."

"You are my friend." Ning Ning finally spoke, trying hard to look for a reason for her actions. "Pei Xuan had turned you into this, how could I let him off easily?"

"It's not that bad here." Shi Zhong Tang shrugged in a relaxed manner. "There are a lot of movies I can watch everyday, sometimes I would occasionally see very interesting customers. Moreover, I've told you long ago, even if I had never met you, even if I had never met Pei Xuan, I would have eventually ended up here."

Ning Ning looked at him with some grievances, "What I've done for you...are you not happy about it at all?"

She had finally admitted it.

My revenge...was for you.

"You want me to praise you? Of course I would praise you." Shi Zhong Tang reached out and brought her into his arms and whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

"...I didn't do these things for you to praise me." Ning Ning struggled to get out of his arms. She got up too violently and knocked down the chair behind her.

Like dominos, the carved chairs fell down one by one and fanned out behind her.

She was standing, he was sitting, the two of them looked at each other for a while. Shi Zhong Tang slowly placed his hand on his chest, he told her in a twittering manner, "Sorry. I have suddenly realised that I don't seem to be as open-minded as I thought I was."

Ning Ning looked at his disappointed looks, the fire that had been lit in her heart had suddenly been extinguished again. She walked over, held his hand and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I can watch our <<The Person Within the Painting>> repeatedly for dozens or hundreds of times." He looked up at her. "But when I saw you wipe Mu Gua's body, I wish I could send you an oven immediately so you can put him in and bake him dry!"

Ning Ning was stunned.

"But that's also a good thing." He smiled, the peach colour at the corner of his eyes brightened. "Possessiveness, a proof that I really love you."

"...You are teasing me again." Ning Ning looked away, unable to look into his eyes. "Didn't you say, even if you didn't meet me, you would have eventually ended up here anyway?"

"Just like you said, I am your friend, so you took revenge for me." Shi Zhong Tang smiled. "Things like revenge take time and energy, there are no rewards. It's just getting back at the person, who would get back at someone for just a friend? In the end, both you and me, we are both just lying to ourselves."

"...I'm not." Ning Ning pursed her lips, as if to prove that she was speaking the truth, she stared at him in his eyes. "I'm not!"

"You're not lying if you say so, but I am." Shi Zhong Tang said. He pulled her hand to his lips. Long and slender fingers, a jade mask, he seemed to want to gently take a bite, but was blocked off by the mask. He could only gently, regretfully, distressfully tried his absolute best to endure while he mumbled, "So hungry..."

You are always in the light, I am always drowning in the darkness, waiting for you, waiting for your answer.