Chapter 82

82: Dual Roles

"Why must you do that to my brother?" Ning Ning stared at Pei Xuan with rage once the door was closed.

"You can chase him away," Pei Xuan said, "you can use whatever method you like."

Ning Ning was dumbfounded.

Pei Xuan swirled the wine in his hand. He pretended to pour the wine for Ning Ning in front of Mu Gua—once Mu Gua had left he started drinking it, he stopped being respectful as well, quickly climbing on top of Ning Ning's head.

"I will tell you what role you are portraying now." Pei Xuan said, "You will portray a lady from a rich family."

"How old?" Ning Ning asked coldly.

Pei Xuan scanned her with his eyes, "As old as you are now."

"What is the family business?" Ning Ning continued asking, "Is she the only child? If not, how many siblings does she have? Is she spoiled? What does she like to do regularly? What kind of people does she interact with..."

She asked a lot of questions at once. In the end, she took a deep breath and said with an embarrassed look for being overly agitated, "I have to know everything about this person so that I can portray her well."

I have to know everything about the person you want, so that I can figure out what you are scheming.

"I would have told you even if you didn't ask." Pei Xuan placed the wine glass beside him, stood up and said, "Follow me."

Ning Ning hesitated before following him.

The two of them went up to the attic.

There was a maid guarding the attic door, she took out a key and opened the door behind her upon seeing Pei Xuan's arrival.

So secretive, what could be inside?

The door opened—within the attic was a teenage girl.

The girl had her back to the door, she was sitting on a rocking chair by the window, the sun shone through the window as the sunlight beamed from where she was to the door.

Ning Ning followed behind Pei Xuan and slowly walked up to the side of the girl.

The girl's face was slowly revealed to her.

Ning Ning felt her heart starting to beat in a frenzy.

"You are to portray her." Pei Xuan reached out to touch the hair of the girl on the rocking chair. She had the exact same face as Ning Ning, they even had the same body proportions, they simply looked like they were made out of the same mould.

"...Who is she?" Ning Ning asked with difficulty.

"The illegitimate daughter of a big boss." Pei Xuan answered. "I found her and sent her to her father's side. The two of them liked each other a lot, the big boss had already prepared to officially acknowledge her two months later...Regretfully, an accident happened in the midst of this and she became a vegetable."

"...So you want me to pass myself off as her?" Ning Ning slowly looked up at him. "But I'm not her, I will eventually get exposed."

"That won't happen. I will train you." Pei Xuan said resolutely. The conversation took a turn, he smiled at her maliciously. "Moreover, you are already in the know, do you think you can still get out of this?"

Ning Ning was stunned by his words, she felt like she was rooted to the spot from being constricted by a venomous snake.

"That's right." Pei Xuan said. "From now on I will address you with another name. You have to immediately answer to that name, understand? Lian Lian."