Chapter 46

46: Fighting for Favour

"Action!"

Charcoal was burning in a basin, the beautiful girl in the green clothes was curled up asleep beside it. Although she was soundly asleep, every inch of her flesh was tempting the person beside her.

Especially the fair, smooth and round shoulder that was peeking out ignorantly from the clothes.

A hand reached out from her side, but it retracted itself before it touched her shoulder as if it was electrocuted. Shi Zhong Tang looked down at his hand, as if he could not believe what he just did.

After a short moment of panic, he quickly turned around and returned to the study table. He repeatedly said to the drawing on top, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I was just possessed for a moment..."

Behind him, Ning Yu Ren opened her eyes without making an expression, then she smiled slyly at the view of his back.

She was not sleeping at all.

Being by his side was being in a battlefield, every inch of her flesh was a weapon. Now, she wanted to see what the shrivelled woman in the painting would do to counter her efforts.

The shot slowly shifted from her to another spot.

A crew member laid prone on the floor, he started up the smoke tube in his hand, wisps of white gas filled the air, it looked like steam billowing on top of a lake.

As the cloud billowed and misted, a girl in white slowly walked out from behind the smoke waves, like a moon behind clouds, like snow swirling in a blizzard.

Ning Yu Ren frantically closed her eyes and continued to pretend to sleep after briefly catching a glimpse of her. She pricked her ears and eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Ling Shan, don't be angry." Shi Zhong Tang's voice had a trace of awkwardness and guilt.

"Why would I be angry?" Princess Ling Shan laughed. "Because of her?"

Ning Yu Ren heard a rustling sound, it was the skirt scraping across the floor which had arrived in front of her.

Her eyes remained shut, she did not dare to look at the expression on the other party.

She could only make a guess, would you be angry? Jealous? Or pretend to be magnanimous? No matter the reaction, she would have a plan to handle them.

But the only thing Princess Ling Shan blandly said from above her head was, "The palace is crawling with people like her."

Ning Yu Ren was slightly taken aback.

...What was going on? Was this how you would react when you see your lover hiding another woman in his room?

"Imperial concubines, maids, eunuchs, everyone was doing the same thing—fighting." The voice above her head remained bland.

The more she listened the more Ning Yu Ren felt uncomfortable. She felt that a girl should not have reacted this way. She thought that Director Shi would shout 'cut' anytime now, but he did not.

"Fighting over a seat, a plate of pearls, a line of praise. They would fight over anything, they would fight over the course of their entire lives." The tinkling of accessories rang out, as if she was gently shaking her head, shaking her bun along with it. "Sometimes when I looked at them, it was like looking at koi fish in the pond. They would group up with their mouths opened for anyone who approached them, repeatedly begging for food."

Why is he not shouting cut yet? Why was she allowed to be so calm?

What are you doing Director Shi?