Chapter 83

83: The Beginning

"You stupid fatty."

"This is too boring, bring a watermelon, I want to play darts."

"There's no watermelon? Then stand there, don't move."

Ning Ning was holding a dart in her hand, she aimed it at him and counted, "One, two, three..."

Why are you not getting out of the way?!

"Five, six, seven...eighty, eighty-one, eighty-two..." The door opened when Ning Ning had no way to back down, Pei Xuan entered with a woman. She immediately hid the dart behind her like a little girl who had been caught red-handed pulling a prank. "You're here."

"It's time for your lesson." Pei Xuan introduced the woman behind him. "This is Teacher Li. She will be responsible for teaching you everything about etiquettes. You have to properly learn from her in the next two months."

The teacher was a woman in her thirties or forties, but she had aged well and still looked attractive.

Her appearance reminded Ning Ning of when she first met Lian Lian—she also had red lips, wearing a cheongsam and holding an opium pipe in her hand. You could say that Lian Lian had learned well from her teacher.

"Don't worry." She licked and moistened her lips. "I will teach her well."

A week later, Ning Ning knocked on the door to the study.

"Come in." Pei Xuan said.

The door opened and Ning Ning walked in, she said in a straightforward manner, "Did I hear that wrongly? You want me to act as the illegitimate daughter of a big boss, not the lover?"

There were a few bookshelves, they were filled with books, there were Chinese and foreign books, as well as picture albums, they emitted the unique scent of books.

There was no need to be afraid of a conman who could fight, but be afraid of a cultured one... Based on what Ning Ning could see, Pei Xuan was already quite a successful conman, what was scary was that this conman was continuously improving. He had begun to read foreign books, yet she could not recognise a single squiggle on the covers of his books?

No matter the language, she only hoped that his studies would be applicable practically, so that he would leave this land and her honest people as soon as possible. Going overseas to put his theories into practice...it would be best if he went somewhere in the middle east, if he dared to trick anyone they would teach him a lesson with an AK.

"What's the matter?" Pei Xuan closed the book and looked at her.

"Chest training, waist training, arms training, legs training..." Ning Ning tried to raise her arm...she had just finished practising and her arms were too sore to be raised. "...and walking training—including bare feet, high heels and slow walking...is this a modelling class?"

Pei Xuan pondered for a moment, then ordered the maid, "Help me bring Teacher Li over for a moment."

"You called for me?" Teacher Li arrived quickly.

"Let's change the training plan." Pei Xuan said, "There's not enough time. Reduce the time allotted for physical training, but teach her how to dress herself up. I don't wish for her to not know how to touch up her makeup after a meal."

"Understood." Teacher Li leaned at the side of Pei Xuan's chair, her right hand holding an opium pipe... After interacting with her for a few days, Ning Ning found out that Teacher Li did not smoke, she said that it would give her bad breaths. The opium pipe in her hand was but an accessory, it had the same use as her bracelets and handbags, they were there to go together with the clothes she was wearing. "What else do you want to add, or maybe you want to reduce other parts?"