Chapter 120

120: Patient

"Wait up, wait up!" Li Shan Zhu shouted breathlessly at the elevator with a grocery basket in hand.

The doors that were about to close then opened up again. He walked into the elevator and held his knees as he panted, then looked up at the middle-aged woman and smiled. "Thank you, Auntie Zhang."

"Little Li, you have people over at your place, right?" The middle-aged woman looked at the groceries in his basket. "You bought so much, do you have a lot of guests?"

Li Shan Zhu blushed. "No, just one."

Middle-aged women are all half a detective, she knew what was going on with one look at his expression, she smiled. "Girlfriend?"

Li Shan Zhu blushed even harder, he shook his head and said, "Not yet, she...she said if I can make a good meal, she would seriously consider it."

"Ah, then you cannot be careless with your cooking." The middle-aged woman started to give him ideas. "Do you want Auntie Zhang to teach you a few secret recipes? When Auntie Zhang was younger, I relied on these few dishes to conquer Uncle's stomach before conquering his heart..."

The child she had been holding hands with looked at her naively, "But Mom, you only know how to cook instant noodles, instant noodles and instant noodles..."

"Little brat, why do you have to be so honest!"

After bidding farewell to the mother and daughter, Li Shan Zhu returned to his home.

The basket was very heavy, not only were there all sorts of vegetables, there were also fish and meat. Just like what Auntie Zhang had said, if everything were to be used, it was enough to serve a full table of people.

He took a deep breath before he called out, "Big Sister Little Ai, open the door for me."

No one answered for a very long time.

The once excited smile on his face slowly faded away. He placed the heavy basket on the floor, took out his key and opened the door. The moment he opened the door, he forced a smile on his face, "Big Sister Little Ai, I'm sorry I came back late, I'll immediately cook for you."

The house was empty, no one was in sight. The house was in dead silence, even the pair of shoes Ning Ning had worn to his place was nowhere to be seen.

The colour of Li Shan Zhu's face paled. He tossed the basket in his hands and rushed into the door.

But Ning Ning was not in the house.

"Big Sister Little Ai." Li Shan Zhu stood in the living room with his head lowered. His expression was unclear, only his suppressed voice was audible, "Where did you run off to..."

At the same time, on a certain rooftop.

At noon, the sun was scorching. If a person were to stand under the blazing sun for too long, their vision would begin to go hazy, as if the entire person was melting under the sun rays.

"The next scene is crucial." Ning Ning closed the phone in her hand. She looked at herself, or rather, she looked at Zhang Xin Ai and said, "As a woman, there is no way to move Wen Yu. If I want to move him, I can only do it as one identity...a patient."

Ten minutes later, a taxi stopped below the rooftop.

A tiny dot emerged from the taxi, looking up towards the rooftop. He then hastened his footsteps and entered the building.