Chapter 42

42: Getting Closer

...But before July 7th could arrive, Ning Yu Ren got into a big trouble...

"What?" Ning Ning said with surprise, "She was arrested? Why?"

Shi Zhong Tang put a finger to his lips and shushed her, then said in a low voice, "Don't let anyone else hear this...she is at the police station along with a group of prostitutes."

The information was not made public because Shi Zhong Tang was the first to receive it. He was usually easygoing, but once he started to move he would move very quickly. He would immediately attract the attention of every entertainment reporter within an extremely short time the moment he took off his sunglasses on the street.

By the time the reporters turned back to search for Ning Yu Ren again, they would find out that she had been bailed out. Even when they tried to buy a little information, the relevant people would not say anything, they were obviously bought off.

"You owe me one." Shi Zhong Tang moved closer to Ning Ning's ear and smiled as he told her the name of a cafe.

Moonlight Cafe, 7pm.

The place was not far away from the crew, plus it was quiet and secluded, actors would frequently eat here.

Ning Ning rushed over and looked around, she quickly entered the cafe then knocked on a coffee table with a checkered table cloth laid over it.

Ning Yu Ren slowly looked up from behind the table, she looked very gaunt.

Ning Ning sat across from her. She looked at the coffee cup in front of Ning Yu Ren that had already turned cold. She turned over and called for the waiter and ordered two new cups of coffee. She turned back and said, "What exactly happened to you?"

"...I didn't do anything bad." Ning Yu Ren said softly, "I only... I could not portray the seduction scene well. I only wanted to see... how those prostitutes do it."

Ning Ning answered with silence.

"If I don't do this, I really wouldn't know how to continue acting." Ning Yu Ren waved her hands around, looking a little lost. "Director Shi told me not to imitate others anymore, especially not famous female stars like Bai Rong, Chi Xue Li... If I am not allowed to imitate them, who else can I imitate?"

Ning Yu Ren had been scolded very badly by Director Shi in this period of time because she had subconsciously imitated current popular stars while she acted. She imitated them too realistically, she would even imitate the small gestures which the original person probably would not have noticed themselves. If you did not look closely, you would have thought you were looking at the popular stars themselves.

But this was the cast for <<The Person Within the Painting>>, not an imitation show.

"I...I don't think I can create something out of nothing." Ning Yu Ren pressed her eyes with a paper napkin, her eyeliner had been smudged long ago, the areas around her eyes were black. "I cannot act as someone whom I have not seen before."

Ning Ning looked at her with complicated feelings. She initially thought Mama could achieve a breakthrough if she had similar feelings with the character in the movie, just like what Ning Ning went through...

This way, Mama would not need a movie ticket...

"...Is there a place in this world where I can interact with more people?" Ning Yu Ren seemed to have forgotten about Ning Ning's existence, she said to herself, "I really want to go to a place that has ancient people, republic people, princesses and slave girls. A place with a lot of people, ideally people that do not exist in reality...so I can imitate all of them...