Chapter 111

111: Back to the Beginning

Who was the one who had pushed her?

Ning Ning wanted to go out and take a look as well, but someone pressed her shoulders down.

"There's not much time. I talk, you listen." Shi Zhong Tang had appeared in front of her without her noticing. He grabbed her shoulders with both hands and helped her up from the floor.

"The ticket you had just used was a main character ticket, every masked person has one—their portraits are on it." Shi Zhong Tang said, "You still remember, right? I took three of them, used three of them—after the third time, I turned into what I am now."

He smiled as he knocked on the jade mask on his face with his finger, which in turn made a crisp sound.

"But I didn't take this ticket out of my own free will, someone had stuffed it in my pocket." Ning Ning said doubtfully, "That counts too?"

"Then you really should thank her." Shi Zhong Tang thought for a moment before smiling. "If not for this ticket, you would have been deemed to have snuck in right now."

Ning Ning suddenly had a thought, she asked, "What's the consequence of sneaking in?"

"If you have time to think about that, why not think about this movie?" Shi Zhong Tang said with a serious expression, "Ning Ning, do you know what is the biggest difference between main character tickets and other tickets?"

He was always grinning cheekily, it was rare for him to speak to her in such a serious tone. Once she determined the gravity of the matter, Ning Ning temporarily put the matter of sneaking in aside. She looked at him and asked, "What's the difference?"

"No matter if it's an ordinary ticket or a designated ticket, you get to decide whether or not you want to change the fate of the main character, but a main character ticket is different. The decision lies with the person who gave you the ticket. They will usually give you a limitation at the start of the movie." Shi Zhong Tang said, "For example, when I had transmigrated as the conman, the limitation I was given was that I could not earn money by cheating people and had to do it the lawful way."

"What if you ignored this limitation and forcibly cheated someone out of their money?" Ning Ning decided to get a hold of the worst case scenario after thinking about it for a while.

"If you ignored the limitation..." Shi Zhong Tang smiled, "You would go back to the beginning."

Go back to the beginning?

What does that mean?

Ning Ning still wanted to get to the bottom of it, but the main theme had already started playing. It was the voice of a woman, singing in a languid and charming voice, "So many men, they all love me. Elder brother and younger brother, which one do I choose?"

A sense of weightlessness came over her. Shi Zhong Tang's lips were opening and closing in front of her, but Ning Ning could not make out a thing he was saying. His voice was distorted along with his face. When her vision cleared up again, she was already standing in an atelier.

It was evening. The setting sun looked like a melting egg yolk. The wind was blowing from the window, causing the white curtains, the paper on the easel and her long hair to flutter around in the breeze.

"Limitation." A woman's voice suddenly rang out by her ear, languid and charming, it was the voice from the theme song. "Portray my role completely. You cannot say what I won't say, cannot do what I won't do."