Chapter 92

92: My Angel

Ning Ning and Lian Lian met through an audition video.

Ning Ning portrayed two roles in that video, acting as the leading and supporting female characters in <<Person by the Pillow>> at the same time—Yan Qing and Yun Lin.

She had acted too realistically, to the point where she included details only the person in question would know.

It didn't matter if Yan Qing saw this video, it also wouldn't be a big problem if Lian Lian were to see it—at least that was what Ning Ning thought before she watched <<My Angel>>.

But she didn't think so anymore.

She took out her mobile phone and gave Lian Lian a call.

The phone rang for a few times before it was answered. Ning Ning sorted out her emotions before she said with a smile, "For the sake of having a deeper understanding for the role of Mu Er, I visited her old home."

Lian Lian did not answer for a while, but she did not hang up either, thus Ning Ning continued.

"...Along with her alma mater, I met her classmates, friends, neighbour, boss, landlord." Ning Ning said, "That's when I discovered..."

"What did you discover?" Lian Lian finally spoke.

She had always claimed to need to have her beauty sleep at ten everyday, that it was the iron clad rule. But her voice right now was very clear. It looked like the rule did not matter. What mattered was who was the person calling her, and what was the content of the call.

"...I discovered that Mu Er had never had a friend named Lian Lian in her entire life.." Ning Ning said, "No one had seen her, Mu Er had not mentioned her to anyone as well..."

"What's weird about that?" Lian Lian laughed, "Is it a must for you to introduce a friend to everyone you know?"

"It's not weird for anyone else, but it's a little weird for the two of you." Ning Ning held her phone, "I remember that this is what you've written in the biography—the both of you lived on the same street, attended the same school, grew up in the same living conditions, sharing the same dreams and also the same devilish little brother. The two of you were similar in every way, including your looks. Under such circumstances, how would the people around her only see Mu Er and not you?"

"Hold on." Lian Lian suddenly interrupted her with a slightly dangerous tone, "Who told you we looked identical?"

Indeed, her biography was very detailed, it even included the name of the street and the school.

But the only detail that was left out, the most important detail—Lian Lian and Mu Er looked identical.

"There is only one explanation." Ning Ning took a deep breath. "Mu Er disappeared once Lian Lian appeared. Once Lian Lian had appeared, Mu Er had ceased to exist, so...should I address you as Lian Lian, or Mu Er?"

The other party fell silent for a long while. Lian Lian's voice rang out once again, saying coldly, "Come out, I am at the entrance of the theater."

At the entrance of Life Theater, a car was parked silently under the night sky. Lian Lian was leaning on the car. There were already a few cigarette butts on the ground. She took out a lighter and lit another cigarette up.

Lian Lian looked up and smiled at Ning Ning the moment she walked out of the door. "Refer to me as Lian Lian, Mu Er used to be a food item, but that term has turned into something bad recently1, especially because I am wearing black today."

Ning Ning did not care what her name was, she had a more pressing matter on hand.

"How did you know I was here?" Ning Ning looked at her with caution.