Chapter 53

53: The Doorman

"Life Theater is an intriguing place." Smiling Mask looked to Life Theater to his side, he sighed deeply. "It has always been here, but not many people will notice it. Only those with despair and paranoia, those who are unresigned to their fates and have delusions of changing their fates can find it."

He turned back and smiled at Shi Zhong Tang and Ning Ning. "It will also only open its doors to these types of people."

After a moment of shock and anger, Shi Zhong Tang quickly calmed down and searched for a way to save himself.

"...It didn't find me, the one who found me was you." He had to clarify one thing first, thus he said coldly, "You lied to me. A person could only change the fate of a main character twice, but not thrice, right?"

Ning Ning was stunned, she looked at him helplessly.

Shi Zhong Tang had no concept of how many times one could change the fate of the main character, the source of his concept came from her—it was when she told him about the candle analogy! It was her who told him he could only change the fate of a main character twice!

If that was not the case.

Then the one who had lied to him...was her.

She was the accomplice of Smiling Mask!

"It's thrice." Smiling Mask said, then he smiled at the two of them, "Did both of you breathe a sigh of relief? Haha, don't worry. She is not my accomplice."

Both of them were stunned for a while, then their faces turned pale.

Smiling Mask was obviously experienced, Shi Zhong Tang attempted to probe him with words, he saw through it immediately, then used words to make fun of them.

"I admit defeat." Shi Zhong Tang gave in a little first, then flattered him thoroughly, "You're good. I still don't understand what I did wrong. I only took two tickets from you, I only entered Life Theater twice, and I ended up like this. Good for you...not only did you get your wish, you even got a free facelift..."

Smiling Mask started sniggering, he seemed to have felt flattered.

This was good, this was good, the more he felt good about himself, the more he would let his guard down, the more questions he would be willing to answer.

"Boy, you were still playing with mud when I was using this trick." Smiling Mask ruthlessly destroyed his fantasy. "You don't have to play these tricks on me, you can ask whatever you want...before you completely become a masked person. Haha."

Shi Zhong Tang pursed his lips.

He originally only had a small piece of a mask on his right cheek, now the right side of his face was almost covered. The speed was not too fast nor too slow, it was like the torment experienced by a person at the execution ground with a noose around his neck, waiting for his turn.

"...Since everyone can change the fate of the main character twice." He touched his face, "Why did I end up like this? Why am I the exception?"

"You are no exception." Smiling Mask waved his fingers at Shi Zhong Tang. "Three. You've changed the fate of three masked people."

Shi Zhong Tang furrowed his brows, he suspected Smiling Mask's math was taught by a language teacher. He had to remind Smiling Mask again, "...I only took two tickets, I only entered Life Theater twice."

Smiling Mask glanced towards the direction of Life Theater.

A group of staff members had gathered at the entrance when no one was looking. They looked as if they were watching an outdoor movie, they silently watched the three of them while in high spirits.