Chapter 96

96: Acting Prodigy

Bring-your-loved-ones-to-work Day.

Ning Yu Ren was a little restless.

"Ning Ning is coming to visit today, right?" Her assistant laughed as they massaged her shoulders. "That's right, has she recovered from her illness?"

Ning Yu Ren cracked a smile upon hearing the first half of what her assistant said, but after hearing the second half, she sighed deeply.

"Not yet," she said, "I originally wanted to act with her as a mother-daughter duo. She fell sick at a really bad time. Sigh, initially I only wanted Xiao Yu to substitute her for a few shots, by the looks of it now, she has to permanently substitute her now... Eh? When did you arrive?"

A slightly plump woman was standing outside the door, it was Xu Rong.

"I've just arrived." Xu Rong said while grinning, she entered while holding Ning Ning who was sleeping soundly in her arms.

Seeing the state Ning Ning was in, Ning Yu Ren's heart ached but she had to show some tough love. She got up and poked Ning Ning's cheek, "Lazy little pig, it's time to wake up."

"...Mama." Ning Ning opened her eyes.

Ning Yu Ren smiled as she brought Ning Ning into her arms. At this moment, Xu Rong rubbed her hands and smiled in embarrassment. "It's rare for me to come here, I want to take a look at Xiao Yu, I've not seen her act before."

"Sure, go ahead." Ning Yu Ren smiled blandly.

Xu Rong and the assistant went out one after another, leaving Ning Yu Ren and Ning Ning in the rest area.

The moment they left, Ning Ning immediately raised the teddy bear in her arms towards Ning Yu Ren.

"What's the matter?" Ning Yu Ren smiled as she took it out of her hands. "You don't like this one? You want to change it to another one?"

Ning Ning shook her head. "Look behind."

Ning Yu Ren flipped the teddy bear over then was shocked.

The zipper on the back was open, revealing the snow-white cotton wool on the inside. Upon closer inspection, there were quite a lot of colourful items hidden within the cotton wool. She took one of them out—it was a pill.

Ning Yu Ren was furious. She grabbed Ning Ning and spanked her. "I was wondering why you were taking so long to recover, you threw away all the medicine!"

Ning Ning held her butt and hid from her. "I'm not sick anymore, why do I have to take medicine?"

Ning Yu Ren chased after Ning Ning for quite a while right up until someone knocked on the door a few times. "Ning Jie1, your scene is coming up."

"Got it, I'll be right there." Ning Yu Ren answered, then turned her head and told Ning Ning, "Come along, look at how the others act."

On the set, a group of children was in the midst of a film shoot.

"That is Xiao Yu, she's the daughter of your Nanny Xu." Ning Yu Ren said beside Ning Ning's ear. "She is about the same age as you, but she can take hardships. She would memorise lines when we told her to, she would act as whatever we told her to, unlike you, who would cry if we didn't give you sweets, cry after memorising a few lines, cry after standing for too long, cry even when you were sitting down..."

That was a little girl sporting a ponytail. She looked slightly older than Ning Ning. Her skin was a little tan and a little yellow, it was not as fair and cute as Ning Ning's skin, but she was also not as delicate as Ning Ning. She looked a lot more mature than children her age.