Chapter 153

153: Ancestor Worship

Ning Ning's eyes flashed, she asked, "...Can I still trust you?"

"Of course, why would I lie to you?" The village chief frantically took an oath and said a bunch of words to placate her, but Ning Ning was not waiting for his answer.

Her vision went over his shoulders as she looked at the green-clothed young man behind him.

"Of course you can trust me." A gentle laughter rang out under the ferocious mask. "...After all, you are my only granddaughter."

Although she had long guessed it, when she heard the answer, Ning Ning still could not help but feel surprised.

"In the first place, I should have doted on you more, taught you how to walk with my own hands, brought you to look at the canola flower field on my shoulders—it's a pity I turned into a masked person too early." The green-clothed young man laughed. "...But even after I turn into a masked person, I can't let you all go."

As he finished speaking, he walked to the front of the village chief.

The village chief was still none the wiser, Ning Qing suddenly held his beard—tugging it.

"Ah!" The village chief cried out in pain. The door behind him suddenly opened, his two sons rushed in. "Dad, what happened?"

"It's fine, it's fine." The village chief pinched his own beard, then fell into a momentary daze.

Air blew on him. He didn't know if it was the wind, or if someone had breathed on him.

A small tuft of facial hair was blown at his face, it was also blown at his sons' faces. The two sons wiped their faces and thought that it was ridiculous, the village chief on the other hand had turned green.

He suddenly turned around and ran. His two sons behind him exchanged doubtful looks before frantically chasing after him, the last one to leave did not forget to lock the door.

They chased him to the living room and saw the village chief holding a fat teapot as he poured tea out.

The cup barely had a few drops of tea, the water was flowing onto the table instead, tea dripping down continuously from the corner of the table.

"Dad, what's the matter?" His elder son took the teapot out of his hand and poured the tea for him.

The village chief was helped to a seat by his other son. He received the teacup with trembling hands, took two sips and said, "There's an extra person in this house."

The two sons exchanged looks, one of them laughed. "Dad, have you been too exhausted lately?"

The village chief wiped his face, then he looked down at the few strands of white beard in his palm, murmuring, "In the house just now, as I was speaking, someone suddenly plucked a handful of my beard..."

"Ning Ning did that?" The elder son frowned. "Isn't that too much? You are her senior."

"It's not her." The village chief continued to look at his palm, saying quietly, "But if it was not her, who else could it be?"

He suddenly looked up at his two sons, his eyes sparkled in a strange manner. "It's Ning Qing."

Just as his voice faded out, a cat outside the house cried out, the three of them shuddered at the same time, under the light, each of them turned pale.

"How can it be? He has been dead for so long, hahahaha..." The younger son forced out a laughter, trying to liven up the atmosphere.

The elder son interrupted his laughter with a sentence, "What if he has turned into a masked person?"