Chapter 123

123: Black Photo Frame

Although Li Shan Zhu had turned it down multiple times, Wen Yu insisted on sending the two of them home.

Why? Ning Ning stared at the side of his face. Did he think that she was sick which was why he couldn't just leave her alone? Just like that time on the roof?

"We're here." Li Shan Zhu took a key out.

Ning Ning looked over, the door in front of her eyes slowly opened.

It opened for the three hundred sixty-third time.

Wen Yu looked away. The moment the door opened, Ning Ning held onto his sleeve, showing a subconscious reliance.

"Since you're already here," Li Shan Zhu said with his back towards them, "let's eat together."

He walked into the kitchen. There was the sound of the stove being turned on, the sound of vegetables being chopped, the aroma of a fish head casserole.

Wen Yu sat on the sofa for a while before his right hand was abruptly turned over by someone. His palm felt itchy. He looked down and saw that Ning Ning was writing on his palm with her finger.

Two words.

"Don't eat."

Wen Yu read out the two words. Ning Ning placed the finger that she used to write in front of her lips and made a shushing gesture at him, then looked towards the kitchen.

"...Why?" Wen Yu stared at her for a while. "What happened to your voice?"

Ning Ning looked at him without saying a word.

It was not that she did not want to speak.

It was that she could not say a word.

She had been on the verge of death three hundred and sixty-two times, she had failed a total of three hundred and sixty-two times. Every time she failed, she would go back to the beginning, then accept the same punishment—line reduction.

The door to Li Shan Zhu's house seemed to have become the key point, her lines started to count the moment she entered the door, it didn't matter that she had been laughing and talking to Wen Yu previously, now she could not utter a single word. Not to mention talking, if she even exclaimed an onomatopoeia, she would immediately be sent back to the beginning.

To summarise, from now on, the amount of lines she could say was: zero.

All of her thoughts could only be portrayed in writing or gestures.

Trying to explain to Wen Yu was simply too difficult, so Ning Ning could only touch her throat and shook his head at him.

"Your throat is not well?" Wen Yu asked.

Ning Ning nodded.

"Should I buy medicine for you?" Wen Yu asked.

Ning Ning shook her head.

At this moment, Li Shan Zhu brought out the fish head casserole from the kitchen. Upon seeing the bright red chillies floating on the surface of the broth, Wen Yu said to Li Shan Zhu, "Her throat is not well, she might not be able to eat this."

"Then you can have it." Li Shan Zhu smiled at him.

Wen Yu was a very polite person, even if Bear Grylls1 were to serve him food with eight legs or four heads, he would at least taste it to show respect for the host. However, he rubbed his palm with his finger. The two words, "don't eat", seemed to have the residual heat of Ning Ning's finger. He hesitated for a moment before he told Li Shan Zhu, "Sorry, I can't really take spicy food."