Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Miss’s Game

Miss has changed.

But how exactly has she changed?

“Do you guys have such a feeling?” During break time, a young man who served as a reserve member of the circus asked his companion, “Miss seems to have changed recently; Miss… seems to have become more humane.”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it… It seems to be so.”

“I originally thought that Miss favoured me alone, but from the looks of things, Miss dotes on all of us equally!”

Everyone was taking part of the heated discussion when suddenly they all zipped their mouths shut and looked in one direction.

Creak, The door opened and Chen Junyan walked in. Wherever he went, everyone’s eyes would be glued to him. Thus, it was only when he left the room did the conversations resume.

“This traitor,” one young lad expressed his disdain. “To think he had even dared to previously criticize us in a righteous manner, and now look at him. Someone that will betray a brother from the same dorm room without batting an eyelid isn’t a thing at all! Ptui!”

“Shh, speak softer, he hasn’t gone that far yet. Be careful, he might complain about you to the Master…”

“I wouldn’t do that.”

From the doorway, Chen Junyan softly mumbled to himself before leaving with his head lowered.

Betraying Little Freckle was a decision he made because there was no other choice. He had to do it otherwise he wouldn’t have had an opportunity to meet the young miss, nor have the chance to do what he was about to. He had succeeded, but at the same time, he had also pushed himself to the top of everyone’s hate list.

Every brother that shared a dorm room with him, had now made it a point to avoid him entirely. No one trusted him, and none were willing to talk. Wherever he went, he could feel gazes filled with hatred shooting at him– penetrating his entire body.

“I’ve finally found you!” A tall man rushed towards him. “Why are you still holding onto the rice bowl? Put it down, put it down and come with me!”

Chen Junyan recognized him- he was Boss Qu’s right-hand man as well as a guard for the circus that was in charge of watching over reserves like himself. Someone that, under special circumstances, could decide the fate of the reserves. Chen Junyan was desperate to not slight him, and hastily asked, “What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“Something occured in the boss’s home, quick, quick, quick!” The tall man snatched the rice bowl from Chen Junyan’s hands and threw it behind him, then dragged and hauled Chen Junyan out of the circus.

Am I going to meet Miss again? Chen Junyan sorrowfully realized that he actually felt happy deep down in his heart.

How could I!

He lowered his eyelids and said to himself: don’t be such a joke, you aren’t like that  bunch of idiots who like to deceive themselves. Ha ha, humane? They are all wrong and Miss is the true Hell. They have placed all of their hopes on her while she doesn’t even remember their names. Like her papa, she doesn’t even see us as human beings.