Chapter 141

141: The Final Boundary

Boss Qu looked in the direction she was looking.

Previously, all he cared about was to chase after Chen Shuang He. It was not until his eyes left Chen Shuang He that he realised that there were so many people at the entrance, so many parents.

There was a person repeatedly shouting their child's name at the entrance, some opened a bottle of mineral water, poured it over their heads, then ignored the people around them stopping them as they rushed in.

"Ning Ning!" Ning Yu Ren struggled in Director Chen's arms. "Let go of me! I want to save Ning Ning!"

"Wait for the firefighters to get here!" Director Chen would not let go. "You are a national-treasure-level actress, you cannot take such a risk! You have to stay here!"

Ning Yu Ren could not break free, she looked back and shouted at him defeatedly, "Aren't you worried at all? Your son is in there too!"

Director Chen was shocked for a moment, then shrugged. He started laughing in a carefree manner, as if he was saying: I'm a national-treasure-level director, how can I risk my life just for a puny Chen Shuang He?

"...And why should I take the risk?" Boss Qu told himself, "All of them are other people's children. What have their deaths got to do with me? Inside...there's no daughter of mine anyway..."

He turned around and chased after Chen Shuang He. He only took two steps before abruptly turning around and rushing into the door.

The heat wave that hit him in the face made him take a few steps back. Most of the people had already escaped, but there were still a number of people in the theater. Coughing sound, crying sound, pleading sound, Boss Qu went looking towards the sounds of the cries of one of the children. He lifted the girl off the ground, her face was already black from the smoke. Boss Qu rubbed her face, but he could not clean it off, thus he asked frantically, "Are you Ning Ning?"

The girl was scared stiff from what was happening right in front of her eyes. There was clearly no one in front of her, but what had picked her up from the floor? It had even rubbed her face.

"Wa—" The girl pursed her lips then cried out loud, "Mama!!"

Boss Qu swore under his breath. He put her down and walked away a few steps before turning back and lifting her up. He quickly walked to the entrance and casually tossed her out of the door.

The girl was thrown on the floor, the fat woman who had been clinging on to Chen Shuang He rushed over. She hugged the girl and cried, "Xiao Lin! Xiao Lin! It's good that you are fine... Ah!"

Another girl was thrown out of the theater, the girl just happened to fall on top of her.

Afterwards, people were tossed out consecutively, yet no one could clearly see who had rescued them, they could not even see the black marks left on the floor, the remains of burnt tapes.

"Cough, cough." Boss Qu coughed loudly. He had already forgotten how many times he had re-entered the theater. Damn it, where exactly is Ning Ning? He scooped up another girl with one arm. He used another hand to cover her face with a wet cloth then walked towards a seat not far from him. Beneath the chair was an intermittent coughing, the voice was very delicate, it was most probably a child.

Before he could arrive, a hand pulled the child out from under the seat and put them in their arms.

It was Shi Zhong Tang, he was also rescuing them.