Chapter 172

172: Leader

Today was yet another day of leading a befuddled existence in a drunken stupor.

Cui Hong Mei laid on her sofa, her fingertips pinching a stick of cigarette. She asked the young meat who was sitting beside her, "Why did you cut your hair?"

The young meat did not even look up as he continued to play 'Honour of Kings'1. "Does it look good? This style has been trending recently."

"Good my ass, it looks like a toilet cover." Cui Hong Mei took out a few pieces of notes and threw them at him. "Quickly go fix it!"

"Okay, okay, okay." The young meat put the notes in his pocket with one hand while he tapped on his phone repeatedly with the other. He grumbled, feeling unsatisfied, "Such an old-fashioned hairstyle, my friends laughed at me saying that I looked like someone from the seventies, I don't even know what you like about it."

Cui Hong Mei looked at him, she slowly blew out a puff of smoke.

Shallow, greedy, ignorant and incompetent.

If she were to try and point out something good about him, it would probably be that his side profile when he looked down looked extremely like Ning Qing.

With her true lover out of reach, she could at least keep someone who looked like him around her. She was already old, her memory was already beginning to deteriorate. If she didn't do this, if she didn't look at him, she was afraid that she would eventually forget what Ning Qing looked like.

But he was not him after all.

Cui Hong Mei sighed in her heart again. Just as she was about to put the cigarette between her fingers to her mouth, the sound of someone knocking on her door suddenly rang out—thump, thump, thump!

"Who is it?" Cui Hong Mei asked, but the only thing that answered her was a more frantic knocking.

Cui Hong Mei and the young meat exchanged a look, then she said, "Go take a look."

"No, I'm not going." The young meat immediately rejected her. He continued to hold the phone, the sound effects of a fierce battle rang out from the phone. "My next match has begun."

What a useless person. Cui Hong Mei cursed in her heart, she went over to open the door herself.

Only a crack opened in the door before the other party squirmed in like an eel. He then immediately locked the door behind him and wiped the blood and sweat on his face, panting a little as he said to her, "Madam Cui, long time no see."

"You, you..." Looking at the state he was in, Cui Hong Mei regretted opening the door. She scanned him for a moment before she cautiously asked, "Who are you?"

Wen Yu was stunned for a moment, then said with a bitter laugh, "I forgot, the two of us don't know each other yet."

"..." Cui Hong Mei's eyes glistened more, what did he mean by 'don't know each other yet'? This fellow looked like he was putting on airs, but he was actually insane.

The knocking sounds were still ringing out repeatedly, it didn't sound like a single person was knocking, it sounded like a few people were punching and kicking the door.