Chapter 148

148: Rules

Ning Ning recognised his face, the others didn't.

But they recognised the mask in his hand.

"How are you related to Li Shui Sheng?" The old village chief stared at the mask in his hand and asked.

"He's my father," the man in the doorway answered, "my name is Li Xuan."

...Li Xuan? He doesn't exist. Your name is clearly Pei Xuan!

Pei Xuan looked older than he used to. There were some white spots on his temple, his face looked worn out. He closed the door behind him, walked up to the old village chief's side and handed the mask in his hand to the other.

The old village chief took the mask, flipped it over and looked at it for a long time. He finally nodded at everyone that was seated, he had acknowledged his identity, then he returned the mask to him and smiled, "Sit, sit."

No! Village Chief, you cannot recognise people by their mask, look at his identification!

Pei Xuan cast his gaze around the long table. There was only a space left, to the right of the village chief.

He sat down on the seat and looked up, he was face to face with Ning Ning.

Under the candle lights, he looked at Ning Ning with a strange expression.

"She's from the Ning family." The village chief looked at Ning Ning before he turned and looked at Pei Xuan, sighing. "The Li family is here. It's rare for everyone to be here, let's discuss the matter of this year's ancestor worship ceremony."

"The one from the Li family," one of them said, "how is your Nuo dance?"

Pei Xuan blandly glanced at him. "I don't know how to do it."

"You don't know?" The other party immediately raised his voice, telling the people around him, "Did you hear that? He doesn't know how, how is he going to perform if he doesn't know how?"

"He can learn if he doesn't know." Someone was not buying it. He said glibly, "Li Shui Sheng did not show up in the past, so you stood in for him. Now that his son has come back, this is none of your concern anymore."

"You think I'm doing this for personal gain? You're wrong, I'm doing this for everyone!" The other party said in an exasperated manner, "Didn't you hear him? He doesn know how! If you let him perform, he will ruin the ancestor worship ceremony!"

The two of them argued excitedly. In the end, a cane stomped the floor, the two of them looked towards the village chief at the same time.

"Stop arguing." He slowly turned his head to look at Pei Xuan. "Li Xuan, you really don't know how to dance at all?"

Pei Xuan shook his head.

"Then we'll do this." The village chief pondered for a moment before he cast his eyes towards the stand-in. Amidst the excited look of the other party the village chief slowly said, "Ah Tie, you'll teach him."

The smile on the other party's face stiffened.

"I know that you're thinking for everyone's sake, but the rules cannot be changed." The village chief emphasised on the word rule, his expressionless face looked like a statue standing guard in front of a tomb, eternally unchanging regardless of natural elements. "You should know the fate of those who change the rules right?"