Chapter 116

116: Getting Him

"I'm near the department store at Parade Street." Ning Ning glanced out of the window.

"Wait for me there," Wen Yu said, "fifteen minutes."

After she hung up, Ning Ning made full use of the fifteen minutes to look through the messages in the phone so as to get a clear idea of the relationship between Zhang Xin Ai and him.

The corner of her mouth twitched.

The two of them knew each other.

Wen Yu's psychology teacher was Zhang Xin Ai's psychologist.

It was just...

[There is really nothing between me and Doctor Zhou.]

[Trust me!]

[I'm just sick! I can't control myself!]

What did she mean? Could it be that having loose morals was a kind of mental illness?

Ning Ning looked at Wen Yu's replies next.

[Doctor Zhou is a teacher I'm greatly indebted to. Besides, he has a wife and child, please restrain yourself.]

He did not reply to the second message.

[You are not sick, this is also not an illness, this is but your personal hobby and a type of habit in your life.]

As calm as a scalpel, he peeled off the seductive skin and revealed the ugly bones on the inside. Not only did Wen Yu see through Zhang Xin Ai's nature, he also maintained a level head and figured out what she was doing behind his back.

She was seducing Wen Yu and his teacher Doctor Zhou at the same time.

Old habits die hard, Zhang Xin Ai had wanted to experience the joys of two-timing a teacher and his student.

Although Doctor Zhou was a man with a family, but he was unable to resist the temptation of the femme fatale in front of him. This seemingly mature and earnest man did something that shocked everyone including Zhang Xin Ai at the end—he abandoned his wife and child to propose to Zhang Xin Ai.

How could Zhang Xin Ai agree to it? She told him with an innocent face, "You are a person with a wife and child, how could I have fallen in love with you? Ah, you're saying that this was not what I said before? I was sick...when I'm sick, I cannot control my mouth. If I had ever said anything along the lines of liking you, you must not take it seriously...hehe."

In the end, the only person with an egg on his face was Doctor Zhou. He had made a big joke of himself, he had even gotten divorced with his wife. His wife and child hated him to death now, he could not even disclose her "sickness" to the public due to the non-disclosure agreement. He disappeared in the middle of a certain night, no one knew where he went, no one ever saw him again.

The car door beside her was suddenly flung open.

Wen Yu got in the car. He placed his briefcase in between the two of them, as if to draw a line in the sand.

Ning Ning looked at his side profile. A twenty-four-year-old Wen Yu, the naivety of a child could barely be seen on him anymore, the scholarly aura from his teenage years had been sharpened like an unsheathed sword... Ning Ning felt that she did not know him well anymore because she could not feel any warmth from him. He was like a marble sculpture placed high up inside the church, overlooking the ugliness of humankind.