Chapter 48

48: Bewitched

A hand suddenly reached out from behind Wen Yu and grabbed the book out of his hands.

Shi Zhong Tang was standing behind Wen Yu. He looked at Wen Yu's drawing then turned around and smiled at him, "Let me finish the drawing, this sister is my person within the painting."

Wen Yu looked at Shi Zhong Tang for a while, then jumped off from the stool and ran away.

Just as Ning Ning wanted to stop him, he willingly ran back and stuffed the pencil in his hand to Shi Zhong Tang.

Shi Zhong Tang shrugged as he watched Wen Yu run away again. He smiled at Ning Ning. "Alright, now you can relax."

Ning Ning was shocked by what he said.

"People usually don't like what my brother draws." Shi Zhong Tang flipped the book. "His first art teacher was scared off by his drawing. Look."

He turned the book over and showed the drawing to Ning Ning.

"This is my brother's self-portrait." Shi Zhong Tang said, "He drew this in front of the art teacher while looking at the mirror."

In the end, the drawing had two people.

Wen Yu was standing sideways in front of the easel, there were two hands on his shoulders. Black mist and smoke lines were extended from those two hands and gathered behind him to form a half-length figure of a woman. The face of the woman was unclear. All that could be seen was that she was bleeding, dying.

"Later on I asked him who this woman was." Shi Zhong Tang said, "He said it was Aunt Xiao Ning...the person who fostered him before."

Ning Ning stared at the drawing blankly.

Shi Zhong Tang probably thought she was scared, so he took the book back.

"His aunt died in a fall from a building in front of him, this had a huge impact on him." Shi Zhong Tang looked down at the drawing in his hand, he fell silent for a while before concluding, "He is trapped by the person within the drawing."

He closed the book with a smack after he finished talking.

Everything from the past, the pain, the grey memories seemed to have transformed into black lines and were enclosed in the book the moment it was closed.

"Right, are you thirsty?" Shi Zhong Tang seemed to have switched character. He magically took out two scarlet-red cherry tomatoes from behind him, "Call me Shi Tou Gege1, I will personally feed you, how about it?"

Ning Ning came back to her senses from her trance, she smiled at him grudgingly. "You can have them, I will drink some water."

She frantically escaped after she finished. Shi Zhong Tang shouted from behind her, "Hey, hey, did I say something wrong again?"

He did not say anything wrong.

She was panicking.

Ning Ning had always felt that she had saved Wen Yu. But the moment she saw the drawing, she asked herself, did she really save him? Maybe... she dragged him along with her the moment she fell from the building.

Wen Yu was alive at the moment, but he might only be half-alive, the other half would forever be left in <<Abandoned Child>>. By the corpse on the snowy ground, crying non-stop in the snowstorm, shouting hoarsely, "I beg you, don't abandon me!"

Shi Zhong Tang looked at her stumbling back view from a distance with a complicated expression.

He looked down slowly after a while, opening the book in his hands bit by bit.