Chapter 68

68: A Match Made in Heaven

"You're back." Li Ping Ping suddenly smiled. "Lunch is ready, come in quickly."

"Who are you?" Pei Xuan looked like he had never met her in his life, he said with vigilance, "Why are you in my house? Where is Yun Lin?"

Li Ping Ping took a look at him before turning around and walking back into the house.

She left Pei Xuan and the rest behind. The two neighbours exchanged looks and asked, "Should we call the police?"

"Let's not do that for now." Pei Xuan said, "Let's not force her into a corner. I'll talk to her first and get a confirmation of Yun Lin's situations."

In the eyes of the bystanders, he was like a fearless and loyal husband. Aunt Li was moved and said, "Then you must be careful. I will get my husband to get help. If anything happens, you should shout for help."

"Thank you." Pei Xuan took a deep breath and entered the door.

Chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop...

The sounds of (a knife) chopping meat grew louder as he got closer to the kitchen.

He reached out and grabbed the golf club in the living room, walked to the kitchen and put on a smile. "What's for lunch today?"

"Couple's Sliced Beef in Chili Sauce and my self-made sweetheart pastry." Li Ping Ping stood in front of the chopping board with her back to Pei Xuan, she continued to chop the meat repeatedly. "It has meat fillings, do you want some?"

Pei Xuan's eyebrows were lifted.

He scanned his surroundings carefully. The house was a lot messier compared to when he left, especially the kitchen. It seemed like a fight had taken place, plates and cups were smashed, the pieces were swept in the corner for now, it was like a mini dumping ground.

Not only that, the floor was a little sticky, it felt disgusting to step on, every step was difficult. Upon closer inspection, there were bloody handprints left on the wall. The bloodstains had already dried, it seemed like it had been there for days.

Connecting these with the meat-filled sweetheart pastry, Pei Xuan lost some of his appetite.

"I ate on the way back." He said with a smile, "It's still early, don't just stand there and cook. Come over here, let's talk."

The chopping sounds stopped, Li Ping Ping slowly turned around and looked at him.

"Alright." She walked over with a knife in hand. "We should have a good talk."

The two of them returned to the living room—one with a knife in hand, the other with a golf club in hand—being on guard mentally with a smile on their faces.

"Why did you pretend not to know me just now?" Li Ping Ping was more straightforward, she was the one to break the silence.

"In the eyes of others, I am a man who is about to get married to Yun Lin." Pei Xuan smiled bitterly. "What would they think if I was familiar with a woman who randomly appeared in my house?"

Li Ping Ping did not say anything, she looked down and stared at the knife in her hand.

"I'm leaving the country soon, we'll leave together when the time comes, we should not complicate matters before that." Pei Xuan told her in a serious manner, "Later on, I will tell the others that you are Yun Lin's colleague, that you are here to take care of Yun Lin who had fallen sick... That's right."

He looked at his surroundings. His gaze stopped at the walls of the corridor, every single photo frame had been taken down, the peepholes on the wall were staring back at him.