Relaxing Day

(A/N: I wrote this in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep. Mom's asleep and I'm up, sneaking. That's normal for me. She doesn't even know that I'm up! ☺️ Anyway, the story!)

It was early morning on Berk. The air was chilly. Terrors where chirping softly in a distance. Everything was just calm and great.

Astrid woke up by the sound of Stormfly squawking at her. She opened her eyes and sat up, looking at her window. The blondes dragon peeked in.

"Morning, girl...slept well?" She asked. The Nadder squawked gladly. Astrid smiled before getting out of bed, taking on her clothes and heading outside to give Stormfly her breakfast.

As she was in the small stable beside her house, feeding her dragon, she begin to think about what had happened two months ago.

Two months.

It had been two months since the incident with the Red Death. Two months since they welcomed the dragons into their world and two months since Hiccup almost died.

Oh, how much she hated to think about it. He got through all those thing just for people to notice him. And what did he get? A prosthetic leg and a freaking title as a hero!

He could have gotten so much more. His first battle scar wasn't a cut or a broken bone...it was a lost limb. It was just to much for Astrid to handle in the beginning.

The same day as he woke up, she promised herself to be by his side every time. She just couldn't handle seeing him hurt again. It would break her heart over and over again.

She promised herself to always trust him and listen to him. Because he was her best friend. And her only real friend. Yeah, the others where her friends but Hiccup...

He always listened to her. He gave we advise on everything and he was always there for her.

As she begin to think those thoughts about him, she begin to smile. Astrid signed, a smile on her lips and leaned against Stormfly's leg.

The morning was still breaking as Astrid went trough the village, holding her axe. She was making her way towards the forge. It had been a couple of weeks ago that she lastly had sharpened her axe but because she used it so much, it had to get sharpened again.

When she walked into the forge, she was surprised to see Hiccup there, already working.

"Hiccup?" She asked. "Thor damn it!" He shrieked and turned around. "Are you trying to kill me?" He asked with a half-smile.

Astrid looked at him with sad eyes. "I would never do that..." She said softly and made her way towards him. Hiccup nervously looked at her axe.

"Are you still afraid of my axe?" She asked. "Heh...no, it's just...it feels like you wanna kill me with it...you almost did it last time..."

At that remark, Astrid looked down. She remembered what had happened in the Cove that day. She kicked him, dropped the axe on his stomach and threw him to the ground...

"Are you alright?" Hiccup suddenly asked. "Huh? Oh...um, no. I'm sorry, Hiccup. I didn't mean all that I did in the Cove that day. I'm sorry for dropping the axe on you and kicking you..."

Hiccup looked at her and smiled. "It's fine now...it really is...I've already forgiven you" He said. Astrid looked up from the ground and into his eyes.

Hiccup was still a little bit shorter than her but she thought that it was just adorable.

"So...why did you came here?" He asked, breaking the silence. "Oh...I need to sharpen my axe..." Astrid said and looked down at it.