Prayers

Astrid walked up to the window in Hiccup's room, looking up at the star filled sky.

Her fiancé had been ignoring everything, even her, after his father had died a few months go.

He seemed to be fine the first three days after the loss and the big battle but then, everything went tumbling down.

At first, he would ignore the gang. Then, he would ignore his mother. And at last, he ignored her too.

Which had struck her like swords in the heart. Not daggers, but swords.

And she hated it. Would he ignore her the rest of his life and just pay attention to her on their wedding.

She didn't know. She didn't even know if the wedding was still on.

She desperately wanted her man back. She wanted back the only thing that kept her together.

He was her everything. And now, he wasn't with her anymore.

Wow, it sounds like he died. But, he haven't died. He's just ignoring everyone.

So, that's why Astrid had decided to pray for him.

She leaned her forearms at the edge of the window, looking out.

"Hey..." She begun, looking up at the stars. "It's the first time in praying so please don't judge me..."

She took a deep breath before continuing. "I know that this might be a huge question but, can you do something with Hiccup? I don't want him to ignore everyone. The only thing he ever does is to take orders from the villagers, doing his work as a chief and building saddles in the forge. I might sound selfish but...I haven't been able to talk to him, kiss him, hug him for two weeks. I want him back. Don't take him away from me as Stoick left us. He's my everything...and I really want him back. He's the only person that keeps me together. I dong know how I've been able to hold myself together these past two weeks but I know that I don't want to go though this anymore. Please..." She begged, stopping to take deep breaths and letting the tears flow down her cheeks.

"He's my everything. And, if you are going to take him away from me the same way Stoick left, then you have to take me with him too. Because, a life without Hiccup is a life not worth to live for. I don't want him to leave. He's to young to leave. And I know that I'm not ready to leave this world yet. I want to see his and my children to grow up and take over the village. I want to be there for my child when he or she finds the love of her of his life. I want to be there for support in hard times. I don't want to leave, knowing that I haven't done anything good for Berk. This island needs a heir. And it's my responsibility to give this island a heir!" Astrid said, slamming her fist against the window sill.

Her face softened and her hand straightened out. "Hiccup is the only thing I will ever love. If you take him away from me, then I will follow after him. I don't want a life without him, can you get it?! Hiccup is the only one! The only one that I will ever love!"

Astrid breathed hardly, looking up at the sky. "Can you get it? Berk needs a chief. And they already got it. If only Hiccup would pay attention..." She spoke softly, looking down at her hand which was grasping a few cracked parts of the wood.

"Don't let him fail us. I know that he'll be a great chief. He just needs to believe in himself. But, with no one beside him...he won't succeed. Please...will you just make him stop ignoring us? I don't want to cry myself to sleep, knowing that Hiccup is suffering because of me. I lay in the bed at nights, hugging his pillow, imagining that it's him. I don't want to wake up, realizing that he never laid beside me when I needed him the most. And when I know that he needs us the most. I hate to see the only thing I'll ever love, in that state of mind. Please, bring him back to me. Bring him back to the village and his family..." Astrid said, falling to her knees and crying into her hands.