Beautiful Moments

Hiccup was speeding home with Toothless from the other side of the island. He knew that Astrid would be home. I mean, where else would she go while being eight months pregnant?

Hiccup landed in front of their house and went in, eager to see his wife. Nowadays, he hadn't seen her to much because she didn't come out of the house. Gothic had "said" that she needed to stay indoors the last month just so she wouldn't hurt herself or the baby.

"Hiccup?" Was a faint voice heard from upstairs. Hiccup's eyes widened and he rushed upstairs. The last few months, he'd been really overprotective of his wife.

"Astrid? Astrid, are you alright?" He asked as he entered their room and went to the edge of the bed.

Toothless where after his rider all the time, smiling his gummy smile. The chief sat down on the edge of the bed and grabbed one of Astrid's hands.

"Hey..." The blonde, pregnant woman said. "Hey...are you alright?" Hiccup asked again. "Yes, I was just sleeping when you came in though the door and you woke me up...glad to see you home..."

Hiccup smiled. Suddenly, Astrid jerked. "Ow!"

Hiccup looked at her. "What the matter?" He asked. "The baby, it's been turning and spinning around all day..."

"Can...can I?"

The woman nodded. Ever since the baby first moved, Astrid always told Hiccup. But he wasn't home when the baby turned so he hadn't felt it yet.

Hiccup slowly placed a soft hand on the blanket. "You won't feel it like that..." Astrid laughed and pulled down the blanket before she pulled up her gown.

Hiccup looked at her stomach before placing his large hand on it. The baby kicked right then, hitting the spot under Hiccup's hand.

Hiccup smiled widely before he leaned down to kiss her stomach. Astrid looked at him.

'He will make a great father. I know it. I'm so happy that I'm with him. He's so...protective, kind, caring, smart, brave and handsome. I love him. I love him with my life an my heart...'

Hiccup suddenly looked into his wife. "Astrid...your so...gorgeous" He said and leaned up to kiss her on the lips. Astrid smiled and placed her hand over his that was resting on her stomach.

Suddenly, Toothless grumbled and sniffled on Astrid's stomach. "What's he doing, Hiccup?" Astrid asked. Hiccup looked at her before he looked at his dragon. "He's wondering what it is..."

Astrid smiled. "Toothless...come here." The Night Fury looked at Astrid and walked around the bed. He nuzzled her hand when he reached her.

"Toothless...that's a baby. A tiny little person that will be born in a month or so. You need to be careful with him when he's small. Can you understand me?" Astrid asked and patted the dragons large head.

Toothless grumbled and stretched out his neck. He then gave Astrid a small and sweet lick on the cheek. The wife laughed and scratched the Night Fury behind his ear.

Hiccup watched all this with fascination. His bond with Toothless was strong, there was no doubt about that but Astrid's bond with his was...interesting.

Astrid obviously loved Toothless and the dragon looked like he loved Astrid just as much as she did.

Toothless had his play-mode on all the time when he was around Hiccup or Stormfly but when it came to see Astrid like this, his protective instincts just kicked in and he helped as much as he could.

Hiccup suddenly grabbed her hand , which was laying over his, tightly.

Astrid looked over at the man beside her and they locked their eyes for a few seconds. Astrid then suddenly wanted to raise herself up but he couldn't.

Hiccup placed his other hand on her back to help her. Toothless slowly placed his nose on the woman's back and helped her to sit up.

"Thanks, Toothless" The blonde breathed out. Nowadays, everything seemed tiring. Moving, cleaning, cooking...

Hiccup tried to help back at home but since he was chief and Valka was mostly helping Fishlegs with the Book of Dragons, he often found his wife laying on the bed every evening.

Toothless helped his riders wife some more when he saw that she wanted to stand up. "Here, this might help" Hiccup offered her his desk chair to hold onto as he went to find her indoor shoes. "Keep an eyes out for her..." Hiccup said to Toothless as he walked out of the room. "I'm not helpless...just because I'm pregnant and almost can't to a thing-"

"That is just what I'm talking about!" The chief said as he came back with her shoes. "Thanks..."

"Anytime, M'lady!"

Toothless went to the side where they stood and went to the small place behind Astrid. He lifted his wing a bit and placed it by her back, just in case she would fall backwards or something.

Hiccup suddenly felt the urge to wrap his arms around his wife's pregnant body. And he did.

Astrid was confused why Hiccup had hugged her but she returned the favor. Only when she heard him sniffle, she got really concerned.

"Hiccup? Is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah..." The man sniffled. "It's just...I've only been dreaming about starting a family with you since I was small. And now, we're in love, together, married and expecting a child in about a month. This feels just like a dream. A dream come true that would one day end and I wake up on my bed, alone, without anything..."

Astrid pulled away from Hiccup and looked him in the eyes. She placed her hand on his cheek and wiped away the small tears.

Hiccup looked down. "Hey..." Astrid begin softy. "Look at me, babe."

He looked at her. "Hiccup...believe it or not, I feel the same. I've felt the same with you since I got pregnant but you know what I love the most? That it is you who is standing here in front of me. That it's your child that I'm carrying and that it's you that I love."

Hiccup looked at her with cheerful eyes. "Do you really mean that?" He asked. The blonde nodded. "I mean with with all my heart."

Suddenly, his lips latched onto hers in a deep and passionate kiss. Tongues tangled into each other and hand where roaming.

Astrid's knotted into Hiccup's hair as he rubbed the side of her stomach gently.

Then, they pulled away and Hiccup's hands stopped. "Astrid, I love you..."

The woman smiled before twitching. The baby kicked right under Hiccup's hand. "And I love you to, little fella!" He said with a laugh and leaned down to place a kiss on Astrid's stomach.

The baby calmed down and Hiccup stood up normally again. "I love you to, Hiccup..." Astrid said with a smile as she placed her head on his shoulder.

The two embraced for a long hug before Astrid said, "Are you hungry?"

Hiccup laughed and they went downstairs. All four off them.

(A/N: So...everybody knows that when your pregnant, you get food cravings, you get moody and you always need o eat. The problem with that is that when a pregnant woman is in about seventh/eighth/ninth month, you can't walk properly.

That's the problem with Astrid. I came up with this after I re-read the, "I'm Going To Kill You!!!" Chapter.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.