You Don't Deserve This

Hiccup was a wreck. He wasn't perfect. He just...was a total wreck after Drago had been defeated. And it wasn't only that which Astrid had though about. No. It was the other things that he'd been though earlier in his life.

Like when he was bullied by the gang and her. When he lost his foot after defeating the Red Death. When he got struck by lightning. When he almost got killed multiple times by the Outcasts or Alvin.

He did so much for her, his loved once and the village. And what did he get back? A freaking prosthetic leg, a title as a hero and some trust.

Hiccup didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve anything. Except love, kindness and a perfect, happy life.

•••

She found him in the almost-forgotten place where the two first bonded.

The Cove.

Astrid smiled and walked up to him. Hiccup was standing in front of the pond, his head bowed. Even then, he was taller than her. Which, - when he first noticed, he was esthetic, - of course she was happy for.

But, when Astrid made the move to slowly and carefully grab his hand, Hiccup jerked.

He have never done that before. Not even with her. And it was a bad feeling, knowing that the one you loved, was afraid of you.

Astrid's eyes saddened slowly as she took his hand into hers, squeezing it lightly.

Hiccup didn't look at her. He couldn't. And he didn't want to. Sure, he loved her and everything but he didn't want her to see him like this. Maybe, maybe after a little while. When he had calmed down his nerves and would be able to visit her.

Until then, he didn't want to see her. Because, how could he? How could he ever face the woman that had been beside him ever since he lost his leg? How could he thank her for everything that she did for him? How could he ever thank her for not dying out at the battle with Drago?

He just couldn't. But he had to. Because suddenly, Astrid walked to the small placed between him and the water edge. She carefully and slowly pushed him back a few steps so she wouldn't fall into the water and looked at him, placed her free hand on his cheek.

"Hiccup," She begin. The man didn't look at her. He forced himself to not look at her because if he would, than he would brake down.

That's why he was in the Cove at the first place. To look back at the memories that they'd have there.

Their first kiss. Followed by their first date and so on.

"Hiccup," Astrid warned. Not harshly, but softly and smoothly. Said man's eyes slowly traveled from the interesting rock on the ground to meet his woman's.

And, as he had excepted, tears begin to form in his eyes.

Slowly, he pulled away his hand from hers and wound his arms around her waist. Astrid looked down at his arms that where laying around her waist before she smiled and looked up again, directly into the eyes of her lover.

She felt herself getting tugged closer to him and totally let herself go.

Astrid raised her arms to wrap them around her man's neck. Hiccup broke down the second he felt the woman in his arms press against his front.

Astrid fisted her hands into his hair, hushing him affectionately like a mother would do on her child.

The tears that fell from Hiccup's eyes slowly soaked Astrid's fur hood.