You Can Walk?

The big day arrived for the wedding between Hiccup and Astrid. Everything was going just as planned.

The decorations were beautiful. The church was nice.

Everything was set.

Things were perfect, even after the tragic accident a few years back.

Everything happened in the summer. The sun was shining, people were bathing in the ocean, others were surfing or just walking with their dogs.

That tragical day, Astrid was on her way home from the work. Small children had distracted her that were walking on the side of the road.

Just as she was about to look forward, a car horn went off and her head whipped forwards. She had about two seconds to steer the car away from the truck.

But it was too late. It was a mid on collision.

The only thing she remembered after that was that she was laying in a hospital bed, her boyfriend crying beside her and that she couldn't feel her legs.

Ever since that day, she had been paralyzed. Life had been though the last two years.

She had multiple complications which lead to they having to move away from the house they were living in for Astrid to be able to roll around with her wheel chair.

She had hear Hiccup cry in their room at nights, praying for got to make her better.

But, it was their wedding day now, and Astrid had a huge surprise.

The alter door opened and Astrid looked up at her father from her wheel chair.

He smiled down at her and placed a large hand on her shoulder as she slowly began to roll down.

Hiccup was standing there, nicely dressed in a black tuxedo, tears shining in his eyes.

Astrid smiled as she rolled closer and closer to him. The people stood up as in a wave after her, some holding their phones to film while others were crying softly.

Hiccup lifted a hand to wipe a tear out of his eyes. He smiled sadly at her as he saw her roll towards him, wishing tat he could go back in time for her to be able to walk again.

Astrid stopped her wheel chair and her father walked away to his chair.

The bride and the groom looked at each other.

She smiled.

Here comes the big surprise.

She placed her hands on the armrests of the wheel chair and pushed herself up.

People gasped. Hiccup looked at her with huge eyes and tears begun to stream down his face.

Astrid smiled and walked up towards him as if nothing had happened two years ago.

Hiccup looked at her and lifted his hands, slowly placing them on her cheeks.

Astrid laughed.

"Surprise!" She said and threw out her arms. The man hugged the love of his life, not wanting to let her go.

Astrid laughed softly and wrapped her arms around him, feeling the relief from him wash over her.

Hiccup suddenly pulled away. "How?" He asked. Astrid smiled and raised her hands to wipe away the tears from his freckled cheeks.

"I didn't give up. I saw that this bothered you so I fought. I wanted to make you happy..." She said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

The crowd 'awed' and sat down.

"I...I can't believe this. You can walk?" He asked in disbelief. "You saw me. It wasn't like I crawled up to get to you..." She joked and wrapped her arms around his neck.

The priest looked at them, not wanting to interrupt. However, when he saw them kiss, he placed away the book and looked at the two.

"I guess, I can declare you married now?" He asked. The young adults looked at him before looking at each other.

"We're married..." Astrid said. "And we'll always be married..." Hiccup said and grabbed her thin waist, pulling her towards him.

"I love you," They murmured against each other's lips in unison.