Finally Here

He hadn't seen her in a few weeks due to her parents traveling to a nearby island. He wouldn't admit it out loud but h missed her. Dearly. Astrid was the only one who stayed beside him even when his crazy plans took over him.

They were best friends. Maybe more than that. Hiccup could just hope that she would return soon. Life on Berk weren't the same without his best friend and his crush.

Astrid made his life a little better than it already was. She was a person that made him whole. And without her, he was no one.

Wow, so cliché.

Hiccup went to bed that night, hoping that he would see her soon. What he didn't know, that an hour after he had fallen asleep, a ship docked.

And Astrid got off it, telling her parents that she would see Stormfly.

Well, that wasn't quite true.

Astrid ran all the way to Hiccup's house, really wanting to see him after such a long time. However, when she got to the chief's house, she stopped.

Would she really just barge in after so long and do what she wanted? Even those thoughts couldn't stop her for she walked in quietly.

She hurried up the stairs, expecting him to be awake as usual but no. He was asleep. And he was mumbling something. "Astrid..." He said in his sleep.

So cute, She though and walked up to him, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I love you," He said.

Astrid stopped. What? He...he seriously loves me? No, that can't be true, right? But, if it is...do I love him?

The blonde didn't know.

She did, however, lean down and press her lips against the corner of his mouth before leaving.

•••

Hiccup woke up that morning, feeling a little fuzzy. He headed out of his house the second he had finished breakfast, jumping onto Toothless and taking a lap around the island.

He heard a squawk and looked down, expecting it to be Stormfly greeting Toothless but no. The dragon was gone.

Hiccup furrowed his brows. "Toothless, take me down, bud," He said and they landed. He walked up to the Hofferson Household, knocking.

A woman, Astrid's mother, opened the door. So she is here... Hiccup though with a smile. "Good morning, Mrs. Hofferson. I was wondering where Astrid was," He asked.

"Good morning, Hiccup. Actually, she said that she would go and check onto Stormfly yesterday right after we docked and we haven't seen her since."

That's weird, Hiccup though. "I'll find her," He said before jumping into Toothless and shooting up into the sky.

They searched the whole island. Well, almost, except for one place. The Cove. "Toothless, to the Cove..." Hiccup said and fixed his tail.

•••

Just as he had though. She was there, leaned against a rock with her head leaned against her pulled up knees.

He wondered that happened.

They landed quietly, and he got off. However, Astrid noticed and her head whipped towards him. "Hiccup!" She said, jumping up and sprinting towards him.

Her arms wrapped around his torso and neck, pulling him closer as she hurried her head into his neck.

"I missed you so much..." She said. "Y-you did?" He stuttered out. "Yeah! I was so bored. Next time, I'd rather stay here on Berk when my parents will travel somewhere. With you," She said.

"R-really?"

"Really," She said and pulled back slightly, heeling his arms slowly slide to her waist. "Because...I love you, Hiccup."

That knocked some air out of him. "You what?!"

"You heard me, I love you. I always have..." She said and leaned in, pressing her lips to the same place as she did yesterday. "I'm so glad your back."

That was the last time she went to travel with her parents. She'd rather stay on Berk, with her friends and her boyfriend.

(A/N: Hello!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.