Story Time

The day had come to an end slowly but securely. Hiccup would soon be home from his chiefly duties, home to where his mother now lived.

Astrid was walking to to the front porch, carefully knocking on the door, hoping that her boyfriend would open it up.

However, when Valka, Hiccup's mother opened the door, she knew that he wasn't home yet. But, she couldn't just leave. She had to make a good first impression of herself if she was going to be her future mother-in-law.

"Oh, hello, Ms. Hofferson..." Valka said. She'd seen the blonde multiple times but really hadn't gotten to know her name very well.

"Hello, Mrs. Haddock," Astrid said, smiling. "Come on in, Hiccup will be home soon..." She said, welcoming the blonde into the house.

Astrid smiled, thanked her and slowly walked inside. Valka smiled herself, closing the door after the young woman.

She walked up to Stoick's old chair, sitting down on it and grabbing her sewing.

Astrid hesitated but sat down on Hiccup's chair, looking at her boyfriends mother.

"So..." The older woman asked. Astrid looked up from the fire. "It's...Astrid, right?" She asked with a small smile.

"Yeah. And you must be Valka," Astrid responded, feeling like she actually was beginning to talk to her mother.

Valka nodded, placing down her sewing. "Is see that Hiccup really cares about you..." She said. Astrid nodded, the awkward silence slowly disappearing.

"Yeah...we care about each other greatly. To the point where I almost go after him the second he sets his foot off the island," Astrid answered, her eyes shining by the though of Hiccup.

Valka smiled but hesitated. "I'm sorry if this is to personal but, how did you two get together?" She asked.

Astrid laughed. "Actually, it's kind of a fun story. It begun with a dragon raid..." She started, looking back at her memories by her point of the view.

"We had a dragon raid one night about five years ago. Hiccup worked in the forge by that time, sharpening sword and axes. He was the one that everyone hated," Astrid said sadly, Tera forming in her eyes by that thought.

Valka looked down, feeling sad for we soon to have been treated that way.

Astrid continued. "He was kind of an outcast that no body wants to be with. I felt sorry for him but knew that a Hofferson always had to be tough. Even though I jut wanted to go up to him and get to know him, I couldn't because of what my father had told me before he passed. 'Always be tough. You're a Hofferson. We don't show emotions' so I tried."

Valka listened carefully, imagining the pictures in her head as Astrid told her the story.

"We got into Dragon Training one day and all of us where there. Even Hiccup. The others disliked it. Even I did it a little, knowing that he would only get in the way. But, then, after a few lessons, he started disappearing," Astrid said, looking back at how he used to just disappear after a lesson.

The blonde scooted closer to the older woman, leaning forward and placing her arms on her knees.

"I was starting to get suspicious and jealous because he only started to get better. He could take down a Gronkel in second without anybody knowing how he is it. He just, made some gestured with his hands and then the dragons where down."

Valka smiled. "He hypnotized them. I did it on Toothless when I first met him..." Valka told Astrid. "I can show you sometimes if you want that. You know, some future-daughter-and-mother-in-law bonding," She said, getting all exited.

"That would be great!" Astrid said, happily. "Yeah...continue the story..." Valka said, wanting to hear the end of it.

"Alright," Astrid said. "So, he only got better and better and at last, I just had to know how he did it. I tracked him down at where he was going and got there before he did. He hadn't even noticed me until I pulled a stone over my axe. That's how I discovered Toothless. Hiccup had been planning a run-away since he got picked on killing a dragon in front of everyone!"

Valka leaned back, placing a hand on her mouth. "Poor boy. He must have been scared..."

"He was, I could see it on him that he didn't want to do it. So, I found out about Toothless and immediately wanted to tell the chief. I just wanted to prove that I could be better than everyone else. However, on the run back to Berk, he and Toothless "kidnapped" me and taking me on a crazy but romantic flight. He changed my mind and I knew that I didn't have to follow my dad rules. I started to have feelings for him. But, things turned for the worse. Toothless flew us to the Queen of the dragons which had caused us all the attacks. We almost got eaten by it but we escaped..." Astrid said, her voice picking up as adrenaline flew though her.

Valka leaned towards her again, curious about the end. "We survived, of course, but Hiccup still had to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. He could do it and almost got killed himself of Toothless hadn't saved him. Stoick got to know about our secret, capturing Toothless and sailing away to find the Queen, - which was the Red Death. I talked to him about the mess he had gotten us into but we turned out to ride the dragons from the academy to Dragon Island, hoping to save the village. Hiccup however, almost died. He and Toothless fought off the Red Death but not making it out unscratched..." Astrid said, sucking in her breath as tees threatened to fall.

"That's why he had the prosthetic?" Valka asked, placing a gently and comforting hand on the blondes knee.

"Yeah. I was so afraid that they whereby going to make it out alive. That that nightmare almost came true. Stoick searched or the duo but almost couldn't find them. He thought that he'd found Hiccup but he actually found Toothless. I was so sad, thinking that if lost the only thing I will ever love. But...I didn't. Toothless had saved Hiccup, wrapping him in his arms. I was so happy that they had made it. I was so happy that the day he woke up, I gave him a kiss. And that was the beginning of how we actually got together..." Astrid finished, tears spilling from her eyes at the though of Hiccup actually surviving.

Valka stroke the blondes knee with a small smile. "And here we are today..." Came a familiar voice from the door. Hiccup told there, leaned against the doorframe with a smug smile.

Astrid got up, sprinting into his arm, thanking the gods for not taking him away from her.

Hiccup wrapped his arms around her body, pulling her closer as he pressed messy kisses on the top of her head, letting her cry into his chest.

"You missed a few details, M'lady..." He said softly. Valka laughed, standing up. She gestured to the back of the house with her hands, meaning that he was going to bed.

Hiccup nodded, smiling.

"When'd you get here?" Astrid asked softly, sniffling. "By the time you had told the kill ring part..." He said, pulling back his head. Astrid looked up.

"I can't believe that your made it out of there alive..." She whispered. "But, I did," Hiccup said with a chuckle. "Be glad for that," He added.

"Oh, I'm glad for that, okay..." Astrid whispered, hugging him again as if it was the last time they would meet.

Hiccup hugged back. "I love you," He said, kissing her head. "I love you too, babe..."

(A/N: And it's snowing outside and it's night-time and my rabbit keeps drinking and drinking and drinking and...wow, many; "and"s now. Anyway. The clock is 1:10 AM right now. I don't have any internet...STOP DRINKING, RABBIT!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.