Need Me

Snoggletog had just ended a few weeks ago and the snow was slowly starting to melt. A few wood anemone's were sticking out of the snow along with a few crocuses too.

Hiccup stepped out of his hut, looking around at the scenery in front of him. A smile tugged itself into his lips and he turned his attention to the Night Fury following after him.

Just a few days after Snoggletog, in the middle of the night, Toothless had snuck into Hiccup's room and laid down beside the bed. He scared the crap out of Hiccup when he woke up and swung his legs...er, leg, over the side of the bed.

Then, Hiccup just went up to his father and asked him nice and clear, "Can Toothless sleep in my room?"

Many debates later, Stoick finally gave in and let the boy have his dragon in his room. It's not like anyone on Berk had a Night Fury sleeping in their house.

He was secretly proud. Like, really, really, proud. His son killed the Queen, - The Red Death and survived it. He befriended a goddamn Night Fury, changed Berk and most of all, the boy made Stoick realize he didn't have to change his son to be who he wanted him to he. He was already proud of Hiccup.

He didn't want to change his son. He was perfect just as he was. And Astrid seemed to like him too.

While he was in coma after the battle, she always walked into the house, sat beside him a few hours before she had to get home to help her parents.

Stoick was sure there was something going on with them. He had seen the blonde kiss Hiccup two times. Both seemed to be with pure love.

However, that was long ago, - not really.

The black dragon sniffled in the cold air before brushing his head against Hiccup's arm, wanting to be scratched. Hiccup laughed and scratched Toothless' head before walking down the stairs.

The two slowly walked down the hill, careful with the steps. "Hey, Hiccup!" Astrid yelled and the boy slipped at his next step, falling backwards and hitting his head with a loud chunk.

"Oh my Thor, Hiccup!" The blonde said and sprinted up to him. Toothless pressed his nose against Hiccup's cheek, saying sorry for not being able to catch him. However, there were no movements.

Astrid reached him and knelt before him, checking his pulse and his breathing. "He's okay," She whispered and Toothless breathed out.

The blonde reached under him and lifted him up, placing him on Toothless' back because the dragon had better gripping then she did. They walked into the Haddock household and slowly made their way up the stairs.

"Good boy," Astrid said and patted Toothless' head once Hiccup laid in his bed. The dragon laid down beside the bed, his head laying on the edge of the bed, by Hiccup's hand.

•••

Hours had passed and still, nothing. She had just planned on walking out to get Gothi when Toothless grumbled and looked at her before looking at his rider.

Astrid sprinted over to the bed and saw his eyes fluttering open. "Toothless? Astrid?" He choked out. "Hey," Astrid said and brushed away the hair from his eyes. "What...uh? My head...What happened?"

"You were walking out of the house and I greeted you and you slipped and hit your head. I think you got knocked out. Are you okay?" The blonde asked and helped him sit up. "I think so," Hiccup said and grabbed Astrid's forearm, squeezing it.

"Hiccup?"

"It's my leg..." He said and let go of her, his hands slipping under the blanket and grabbing the prosthetic. He took a deep breath and slowly started to unclasp it, fully aware that Astrid was with him and that she'd probably think it's disgusting.

The blonde broke and said, "You know, you don't have to be afraid, Hiccup. That leg reminds you of the things you did for the village. I know it was long ago but you were amazing out there, Hiccup. Trust me, you really were. I was so afraid that something would happen to you. I though you were dead when the Red Death was dead. But, your father found you and Toothless. We thought you had died and I...I cried, Hiccup. But, your father said you were alive. I couldn't be happier. However...I got to see your leg and the many bruises on you and felt such an anger boiling inside of me. I ignored you for so long and this is what you get? You don't deserve it. I'm sorry, Hiccup. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you probably needed someone and I'm sorry for being so mea-" he broke her off.

Hiccup grabbed her arm with his left hand, his right hand slowly floating to the air towards her cheek. "Astrid, you don't have to apologize. We became friends. That's more I could've ever asked for," - not really - "and I hope you understand me when I say that I'm grateful for you supporting me. Thank you."

The blonde looked at him before wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Can I tell you something?" She asked softly. Hiccup nodded and carefully wrapped his arms around her waist.

The blonde pulled back slightly and smiled, unwrapping her arms from him. She placed her hands on his cheeks and leaned in slightly. "I...I think I have feelings for you. Really bad feelings that won't go away. You're the first and last person I think of when I wake up and go to bed and...I just..." She trailed off and gazed into his eyes. Something sparked in them and she leaned in, her lips pressing against his.

Shivers went up and down her spine as their lips slowly moved against each other's.

•••

When they finally pulled away, their cheeks were red like the scales of a Monstrous Nightmare and they looked at each other before laughing, intertwining their hands and leaning their foreheads against each other's.

Needless to say, Toothless was groining and love ring his ear the whole time.