Deal

Hiccup slowly and quietly made his way though the village of Berk, trying not to be seen.

Earlier that day, he'd hit a Night Fury, found it, released it and fainted.

So, as he slowly snuck up the stairs to his house, he looked around, finding that nobody had noticed him yet.

Hiccup opened the door to his house quietly and shut it before slowly walking towards the stairs when he suddenly stopped.

"Hiccup?" His father, Stoick the Vast and the chief of Berk asked. "Dad," Hiccup responded, feeling kinda dumb of being caught by his own father.

The large man turned around to face his petite son. Truth being said, the man's arm was thicker than the boy.

"I have to talk to you son..." The chief said and clasped his hands together.

"Oh Thor, this is gonna end badly," Hiccup muttered. Stoick shook his head with a smile before saying, "No, your gonna love this..."

"Great..."

"I've assigned a contract about an arranged marriage. Your getting married in a few weeks..."

Hiccup's eyes shoot wide open and he stared at his father. "What?! Who's the unlucky bride?!" He half yelled in panic.

"That Hofferson girl you've liked since you where six..." His father told him with a satisfied smile.

"A-Astrid? I'm not going to marry her! She'll kill me the second you let her in though the door!"

Hiccup heaved for air. His head felt dizzy and his body felt light. Before he knew it, a pair of strong arms caught him and everything went black.

•••

Hiccup woke up when he heard someone or something knock on his door, - violently.

He signed. He didn't want to get out of bed. But, when he heard the person say, "Hiccup, open the God damn door before I'll go and get you myself!"

The boy whimpered and jumped out of the bed, pressing himself against the darkest corner of his room.

The door flew open and shut with a bang. Angry footsteps where heard downstairs before they made their way upstairs.

Hiccup, as if he already felt the pain from her punches, let go of his tears.

Astrid entered the room with a mean, dragon-like face. Her fists where clenched together hardly, ready to punch anything and anybody.

Hiccup shouldn't have whimpered when he saw her beginning to leave the room because she turned around and found him pressed against the corner, in the dark.

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled and begin to walk towards him. "Why me?! What in the name of Thor where you thinking?! Why not Ruffnut?!" The blonde asked in a yell, grabbing the boy by the collar of his shirt and swinging him to the floor.

Hiccup sobbed loudly and looked up at the girl he'd loved since he where six.

"Astrid...please, just listen to me-"

"I don't want to hear anything from you! Do you even know what you did?! I have to change my name and become a useless Haddock like you!" Astrid yelled at him.